EFX helmets

Opfor

Hey Guys,

Couple of quick questions. Looking at these EFX helmets online and they look really nice. It appears that they are already built do you know if this is true? If so I'm really diggin that idea.

I hear they will work for deployment but is there any other screen accurate helmet that you would recommend as compared to this? From what I'm seeing and I might be wrong, they already come with everything, correct lens, aerators and even the mesh. If these are already set for 129 free shipping ready to open and wear I'm thinking about picking one up and dropping the FX that came with my armor.

Hey Pat,

Thanks for sending, that is exactly the kind of info I was looking for. Sounds like the board is divided. I'm in the boat where all I currently have is my FX helmet and it is a BIG one. Sounds like most agree that it IS better than an FX but not the best most accurate version around. At least I would be improving and able to attempt deployment status which is something I can't currently do with my FX helmet.

Hey Pat,

Thanks for sending, that is exactly the kind of info I was looking for. Sounds like the board is divided. I'm in the boat where all I currently have is my FX helmet and it is a BIG one. Sounds like most agree that it IS better than an FX but not the best most accurate version around. At least I would be improving and able to attempt deployment status which is something I can't currently do with my FX helmet.

Hey Mike. I have two efx lids and LOVE them. With some minor mods to the helmet, you will be ready to troop AND go for deployment.

My Deployment pic below in my banner is an EFX lid. You will have to replace the lenses that come with it, they are way to light and see thru.

BTW...I have done these mods for other members. Let me know if I can help.

Hey Mike... just now saw this post after answering your PM.

Yes, the eFX is pretty ready-to-wear. You can do some minor fixes — mainly the seams — and bump it up to really pretty nice really quickly! And yes, for $129 they're a steal. I had a predecessor MR CE (as you probably know by now) and just recently sold it. But I loved that bucket. If you're wanting something already assembled then you're gonna be happy with these. If you don't mind doing the work yourself, then spend a little extra and get a TE2, AP, or TM.

Oh man.

mrs.slave1pilot bought me one for Christmas.(won't arrive til March)

I already have 2 MRCE buckets (one modded, one not)

I hope she didn't spend a lot.

I will keep this one. It will stay exactly as it comes.

After all, it is a gift from the wife so i will love it.

Guest TB-2945

Hey Mike. I have two efx lids and LOVE them. With some minor mods to the helmet, you will be ready to troop AND go for deployment.

My Deployment pic below in my banner is an EFX lid. You will have to replace the lenses that come with it, they are way to light and see thru.

BTW...I have done these mods for other members. Let me know if I can help.

i too have the new efx. i already have the screws and new lens from Quartermaster :) i plan on replacing tube stripes this month and fill in the seam!

I got one for Christmas as well. I'm happy with my AP Bucket so I decided to give it to a friend of mine who is an artist and see what he can do with it. A while ago I showed him pictures of the TK Helmet exhibit and he said it would be fun to do something like that. He's a talented artist so I'm excited to see what he does with it.