Gut Shot *groan*

maj_hassel

I got around to weathering my ab plate. Since, next to the helmet, the ab plate has the most detail I'd thought I'd post some pics. I think it came out pretty good.

Just for kicks, I thought I'd add a little carbon scoring, indicating a glancing blast to the gut. There might be some minor detailing to do (clean up some obvious paint strokes, lighten some areas, darken others, etc...)

Here's the ab plate next to the helmet I weathered a couple of days ago...

Posted Image

...and here's a close up of the blast mark I got from that Jawa--er, I mean bounty hunter.

Posted Image

Hopefully, the next pics I post will be the entire suit--and me in it!!

Outstanding - which technique did you use?

The "dab a blob of tempera paint and then smack (or pat lightly--your choice) at it with a dry paper towel" method.

I'll make a pic intensive tutorial as soon as I figure out a workable and removable method for fixing the paint so it won't rub off so easily. I'm thinking the answer might be in a product called Krylon Crystal Clear. I'll probably pick up a can, weather a scrap piece, seal it with the Krylon, and see if I cant clean everything back to gloss white with something like Goo Gone.

BTW, I picked up a lot of pointers from TK409's weathering tutorial: http://www.tk409.com/tk409.html check the "Sandtrooper Conversion" section.

• 2 months later...