Look what arrived today

supa troop

Not sure if this is the right place to put this.

But my Sons Mini armour arrived to day ive checked it all out and now its being shipped off to Santa lol

One thing i notice though is the helmet Cap is very flat im wondering is there something i can do to it to make it have more of a dome shape

Posted Image

Awesome man!!

Congrats to the son! :salute:

One thing i notice though is the helmet Cap is very flat im wondering is there something i can do to it to make it have more of a dome shape

If you've got a heat gun and something — like, for example, a metal mixing bowl — that is the shape you want to make the helmet, you can slowly heat it and shape it either on the outside or inside of the form you're using to make more of a dome.

You may can do it without a form at all... just mold it with your hands as it heats up.

Be careful though!

There's a fine line between just the right temp and flexibility and ending up with a mass of melted white plastic on your floor. B)

I had to reshape a couple pieces of my armor (shoulder bells) when I got them so they'd fit better. I put on two oven mitts and held the pieces over the stove and CAREFULLY let them heat up and opened them up a bit. I was too cheap to buy a modeling iron or a heat gun :P . You could do the same with the cap but like Nol said be careful.

awesome! iv'e been looking out for a set of mini tk for my 10 year old son (and galactic academy cadet) to do a mini td, - complete with pack and bfg!! i got him a pauldron,but the armour is quite hard to get hold of! :(

hope your son enjoys it! :)

i heard trooper master does childrens armour,is that correct????

Don't touch the cap, you'll regret it!

There is nothing that can be done to reshape the dome. Parts like the bells can be reshaped but the dome will be ruined if you put any heat to it, trust me. Shoulder bells can be heated and reshaped simply because of their folded shape. The dome is a solid bowl shape with no edges to bend in like the bells so heating the dome will make it warp and just make a mess.

I would get it all built up and I am sure you son will absolutely love it just as it is :D

Don't touch the cap, you'll regret it!

There is nothing that can be done to reshape the dome. Parts like the bells can be reshaped but the dome will be ruined if you put any heat to it, trust me. Shoulder bells can be heated and reshaped simply because of their folded shape. The dome is a solid bowl shape with no edges to bend in like the bells so heating the dome will make it warp and just make a mess.

I would get it all built up and I am sure you son will absolutely love it just as it is :D

Duely Noted many thanks for the info