TE-was good-now will never buy

tk7713gra30

Hi all

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=13697&st=0

PLEASE FOLLOW LINKS TO THIS ON YOUTUBE

This was my initial ad still stands somewhat.

Having owned a TE HDPE and dealing with Matt I must say i have had no problems.

I do realise that there has been some issues in the past and thought this was very very gracious of Matt if this is indeed TE.

Is this TE ?

Apologies if I am behind the times but I have not been on for a while and just wanted to ask and thank the guy who is showing me vac basics.Now I am very very angry, please read below.

Thank god for TM.

I didn't realise my £700 TE HDPE helmet was made so easily :-)-bought directly from Matt as he told me he wouldn't be making anymore.

Sold recently for a lot less to a great guy in Austria.

That is not a moan as it was my choice but it is interesting to see.

I really really do appreciate this, good to see

Thanks again

regards

gra

After seeing how openly the cheapness of products used are shown I am really really gutted, and feel sorry for us who have paid so much.

I have my TM and now will never ever buy another TE

He should have shown but kept prices quiet.

No wonder I live so humble.

Also nice to see how much respect he shows to our goods.

See how he extracts the dome.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Im not sure what the gripe is here, is it the way he vac formed the armour or what he charged you.

There is no other way of Vac forming the Armour although i cant believe TE's empire is situated in his Kitchen.

I must admit though charging you what he did and then telling us on camera how cheap it is to make is a little un-professional, but then you have to take into consideration your getting an original and the time and effort its taken to get his molds upto a decent standard.

TE has been telling people for years "this helmet will be last one ever" its a great marketing ploy that unfortunately people fall for.

see it on the plus side you own a TE

Hi

My gripe is publicly showing costs after I was told

1 Told this was the last helmet

2 Not to publicly state price, wonder why!

3 Looking at it, I paid for something that it is not

I have posted on FISD so will not repeat what is on there.

I have owned Fallano, SDS, AP, TE and TM

I wanted an TE so contacted Matt direct, as for at least I own one, well my full TM was cheaper and is brilliant.

That is my gripe.

Now to see the man doing what he does and glossing over price it grips me BIG time, as i am sure it does others.

Regards

Gra

Hey Graham,

I can totally understand your anger.

I mean, it is not cool to buy one thing and then find out the seller rip you off and even says it out loud. Being the product just a paper clip or a TE helmet.

I have not personally deal with Matt ever, but I have good reasons not to do it.

He does not has the best reputation out there, and thats enough for me.

Anyway, I guess that if you aimed to own a TE to add it to your collection, even if 700 pounds sounds like a lot, at the moment you were willing to pay it cause you thought it was worth it. So, keep that in your mind. For you, there was a time when it was worth it and probably more. And owning it made you happy!!

The thing in the whole prop collecting and prop replica making hobby is to find something that has a value enough to pay for what people ask for them, and then keeping those articles as a treasure. I mean, this could be made into a business, but is more a hobby for most of us.

Anyway bro,

Thanks for the heads up.

Im sure there is more than a few people out there in the risk of being scammed, and this hopefully will help a few to give their money only to trusted and reputable sellers and makers.

Saludos.

• 1 month later...

At least you got yours bud..... He just kyped my $$$ :duimomlaag:

That guy is just a lieing criminal.... all there is to it Stick with those that know how to treat their paying customers properly.

Smally.

I have one of his helmets. I bought it a while back for a couple hundred dollars , directly from him. It was assembled shottily and had extra drill holes in it where he put it together twice, apparently screwing up the first time. I know from experience helmets are cheaply made because plastic isnt that expensive for a sheet that you can pull a couple helmet faces or backs or domes out of, its the initial set up that is going to cost you money. So you have to charge more than the plastic to get that money back. That and whatever money you spent on clay for helmet sculpting or for original items you used to cast from if you bought REAL movie props.

there are others out there that charge a LOT more than a few bucks over the cost of plastic. GINO helmets are expensive too. Its a huge debate, one would say GINO helmets are more for looking at than trooping in. Maybe TE helmets are more that way too. They are super thin and have more detail than some other helmets... but after you drop that kinda money wouldnt you be afraid to drop the sucker? lol

Long winded post just to say DO YOUR RESEARCH here, FISD, and on the RPF before you buy a helmet, especially one you are just using for costuming and not as a prop display. And remember no one builds anything for free.. some people charge more for their TIME than others as well. I shop around before I buy now-a-days. Armor AND car repair lol. One shop charges 100/hour and another charges 60/hour. I know I might (MIGHT) get better work at the more expensive shop, but sometimes its just the same service and the 60/hour place is better :)

Gra we have an ANH helmet coming out that will be much better, we have Pantone matched the HDPE to an original helmet reference and have super sharp molds.

Standby for something sensibly priced and super accurate!

Joe

WOW now I'm very interested in this! PM incoming Joe! :D

Long winded post just to say DO YOUR RESEARCH here, FISD, and on the RPF before you buy a helmet

And I sure learnt that the hard way, hence my post.

Still does not excuse his lies though, last one, Yeah right.!

I would have accepted the cost had it been true.

Cheers Joe, I wll be getting one of yours mate

regards

Gra