Sandtrooper's Armor

sandtrooper

Here's some pics of my armor. Unfortunately, this is my busiest time of work, so won't be able to get to weathering till after the Holidays. I have a pauldron, neck seal and boots on order but haven't gotten them yet. All helmet details are hand painted, but there is no lining in the helmet yet.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 1 month later...

Here's some pictures of the second time I've worn my armor. Note I don't have my boots or waist pouches yet.

I'm having some issues. First the shoulder bell on my right won't stay in place and keeps sliding toward my back even with the pauldron.

Second the shin on my left leg won't stay facing forward it shifts to one side after walking.

Third are the thigh armors too low toward my knees? Finally are the forearms too high toward the elbows?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I would suggest:

- lower the forearms to just above your wrists

- lower your biceps so that they are not "under" the bells (looks like you have long arms and can pull off that look

- raise the thighs by 1.5"

- secure the belt (it's riding up)

- pauldron should rotate back and stay more centered over your shoulder

- you can pad the inside of the shin to prevent it from rotating, or install a snap on the tongue of your boot so the front of your shin snaps into it

Show us a picture of how the shoulder bell is trapped, then maybe we can suggest something to prevent it from rotating

Thanks for the advice Terry. The elastic and snaps were already installed when I bought the armor. What kind of elastic and snaps will I need to redo the ones attached between the garter and thigh armor? Also what kind of foam and glue works best when attaching it to the shin of TM armor?

It may take me a few days to get a pic of the shoulder bell.

Pat,

I just replied to your PM about the strapping before I read this thread, but looking at the shoulder bells it could be that you are wearing them on the wrong arm? The one with the swoop on the bottom if the left arm and the one without the swoop is for the right side.

For the arms, best to keep the forearm butted tight against the bicep and reduce the gap on the inner elbow joint. You can lower the biceps by removing the ABS snap tab inside that is held in place with E6000 and reposition it higher up, or smply make a new elastic strap and add some more snaps.

Only raise the thighs if they are not comfortable to walk in. Depending on how tall you are there will be gaps between the tops of the thighs and the abdomen plate. They don't look too badly fitting to me. I have the same gap on my armour and I am 6' tall.