Weathering Woodmans' Armor

woodman

I have most of my armor together so I wanted to work on weathering some of the parts. I have some Fullers Earth on order but I wanted to post for feedback. I am going for a well worn look but not over the top. I wanted some places to look worn like no just dirty but old and worn against by the arms like the sides of my chest. Here are the pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I used only fullers earth to weather mine and I'm really happy with the result. In my opinion it really makes it look like you've been standing out in a sandstorm forever. One trick I found is that if you do one layer over everything you can get rid of the shine that the armor has. Take away that shine and it looks older. I also found that as I was weathering I felt I was using too much until I put the armor together and looked at it as a whole from a couple feet away. I did probably three or four layers and then clear coated the whole thing. The nice thing about weathering is that it's personal and as long as you like it, that's all that really matters.