Backpack vs Pauldron

sandtrooper

When getting approval for the 501st does the pauldron color have to match the type of backpack you're wearing? If I ever complete an armor set, I'd like to have more than one pauldron color to use when ever the mood strikes, but don't want to buy more than one backpack type. Hope this makes sense.

When you apply to the 501st legion as a Sandtrooper, you don’t even need a backpack – it’s not required. It’s an optional accessory you can add. However, if you want to apply for MEPD Deployed status, you need a pack. But right now there’s no requirement to have the pauldron match the pack.

Here’s the 501st legion CRL and Deployed guidelines.

http://www.mepd.net/crl/

If you’re referring to those diagrams I created, those are references for more for detailed / screen replica builds. I believe the MEPD staff is working on creating another “layer” of accuracy in terms of replicating specific sandtroopers.

I don’t know what the plans are currently, but I would suspect that if you were replicating a specific sandtrooper, you would need the correct and matching pauldron, pack, weapon, pouches, etc. for that specific sandtrooper.

Hope that helps!

When you apply to the 501st legion as a Sandtrooper, you don’t even need a backpack – it’s not required. It’s an optional accessory you can add. However, if you want to apply for MEPD Deployed status, you need a pack. But right now there’s no requirement to have the pauldron match the pack.

Here’s the 501st legion CRL and Deployed guidelines.

http://www.mepd.net/crl/

If you’re referring to those diagrams I created, those are references for more for detailed / screen replica builds. I believe the MEPD staff is working on creating another “layer” of accuracy in terms of replicating specific sandtroopers.

I don’t know what the plans are currently, but I would suspect that if you were replicating a specific sandtrooper, you would need the correct and matching pauldron, pack, weapon, pouches, etc. for that specific sandtrooper.

Hope that helps!

Exactly right....:)