NYCC

RancorBeast

Well, its been a while since I posted my greetings on here! I thought now would be the right time to start a new thread and post some pics of the convention on here! so here goes...

The NYCC Was in a word FUCINAMAZING! There must have been over 250K people in attendance, at times you couldn't walk forward so you had to move side to side to attempt to navigate through the human currents. Wave after Smiling wave of geeks in their COMIC-BOOK glory pounded the Javitz center's floors! I dare you to find a More wretched hive of scum and villainy! It was intimidating to say the least. There were movie/TV stars, comic book artists and writers; row upon row. There were movie screens displaying the new Batman video game as well as the latest Blu-ray release of the Alien movies! Anime figures and posters and movies and oh by the way, the 501st Legion were there in all their glory as well as a few Rebel Scum thrown in for some mocking ;-)

All in all it was a great time, I have one regret: I was not in costume this time but I will be soon and for NYCC 2011!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Well, as usual, my bro-in-law has used his writing skills to decribe NYCC in such a detailed and descriptive way that you long for more.:lol:

You would have loved it Rick! We had a great contingent of TD's, four in all covering all ranks. As a matter of fact, there were no clean TK's there at all.

Dave (TD 6513) and myself (TD 2557) were the only MEPD Deployed Troopers present and we did not disappoint. At various times, we were surrounded by hundreds of people and loads of cameras all flashing at once. It was like being a Rock Star!

I am backstage in photo #2 prepared to wage battle with the public. My bro Lenny can be seen with Mara Jade in the last photo. I worked my butt off to try and get his TK armor done for this, but just ran out of time. He came anyway and did his usual amazing job of spotting and promoting the Legion. Great job Len and great pics. I know there are lots more so keep em coming!

The fourth TD is Ian, aka King Jawa. He is also non-deployed but is looking to go for MEPD status. I told him I would help him with the conversion. He just needs to upgrade a few things and fix a few details and he should be good to go. He already has a new pack I built for him.

Renada (Mara Jade) was super fun to hang with. Lenny and I spent a lot of time with her and Neil at he Con. Great people.

The fourth TD is Ian, aka King Jawa. He is also non-deployed but is looking to go for MEPD status. I told him I would help him with the conversion. He just needs to upgrade a few things and fix a few details and he should be good to go. He already has a new pack I built for him.

Renada (Mara Jade) was super fun to hang with. Lenny and I spent a lot of time with her and Neil at he Con. Great people.

Absolutely....Ren and I came into the legion right around the same time...shes part of my garrison and truly one of my favorite people. Neil is really cool as well. Ive been trying to get him on the MEPD path for a while now....hes just a major procrastinator :)