Star Wars 3D

ground pounder

I haven't seen anyone bring this up yet. So I thought I would throw it out. LFL announced that all six SW movies will be getting the 3D treatment beginning with episode I in 2012.

I avoided all the latest 3D movies because I remember 3D being nothing great. But I did go see the latest Resident Evil and I was very impressed by the 3D technology. I figure if LFL can do their normal (meaning quality) to 3D then it should be at least entertaining. Plus, get to see SW in a theater again! who wouldn't pay for that??

I haven't seen anyone bring this up yet. So I thought I would throw it out. LFL announced that all six SW movies will be getting the 3D treatment beginning with episode I in 2012.

I avoided all the latest 3D movies because I remember 3D being nothing great. But I did go see the latest Resident Evil and I was very impressed by the 3D technology. I figure if LFL can do their normal (meaning quality) to 3D then it should be at least entertaining. Plus, get to see SW in a theater again! who wouldn't pay for that??

AWESOME.....

about 6 months ago we were trying to get LFL to allow us to do a special showing of ANH and it was going to take place on May 1st (5/01). Last I knew the legion was still trying to work it out. It would make sense for them to wait until the release in 3D amnd I know its something my family and I would definitely attend

This is very exciting!

Getting to see the trilogy on theaters again and then, trooping and events for each release!!

But, what if whenever they start ROTJ 3D in 2018, 3D technology is something of the past.

Like if in 1990 they said hey, we will be finally releasing the ultimate SW versions in Laser Disc, but one every 2 years... ANd then 6 years later, boom! DVD is already a very popular format and laser disc is death.

Well... I guess they now better. They are LFL...

Saludos.

BTW, I really wanted ANH in Laser Disc, good thing I never got to buy it.

I remember reading in SW Insider, right after Rots was released that they were planning on releasing the movies again in 3D. I want to say they had planned it for like '07 '08. I am glad they're finally gong to get around to it. Here's to hoping it doesn't get pushed back again.

I might be the odd one out here but I definitely wouldn't like to see any more movies made! How could you top the original trilogy?! And can you imagine what Fisher, Ford and Hamill would look like reprising their roles??? :blink::lol:

Yeah... I might like to see new movies, but I am not sure.

Same issues, nothing will be better than the OT, and all the actors are a little old for action heroes.

Not to mention that the post ROTJ era has been covered by the EU novels and comics, so, one way or another, many fans will be disappointed.

I guess thats a big reason for uncle george not to go there. He knows he will be heavily criticized no matter how they come out.

And with Clone Wars, the supposed live action tv show, BD release and now the 3D versions, his fortune is secured!

MHO.

Saludos

Yeah... I might like to see new movies, but I am not sure.

Same issues, nothing will be better than the OT, and all the actors are a little old for action heroes.

Not to mention that the post ROTJ era has been covered by the EU novels and comics, so, one way or another, many fans will be disappointed.

I guess thats a big reason for uncle george not to go there. He knows he will be heavily criticized no matter how they come out.

And with Clone Wars, the supposed live action tv show, BD release and now the 3D versions, his fortune is secured!

MHO.

Saludos

I agree, nothing can beat the original trilogy, except maybe the original trilogy in good, Avatar quality 3D. :) The original cast would definitely be a mistake to cast for anything. Carrie Fisher didn't even like to admit she was even in Star Wars until a couple of years ago. Only then did she embrace the Star Wars community probably because she needed some $$. Harrison Ford would probably also be equally insulted to be seen in a Star Wars movie as well. Big time movie stars always seem to forget where they came from and who gave them their big break. :)

Still not completly sold on the whole 3D thing, that being said, Speeder bike chase, Hoth battle and asteriod field chase to name a few could be very cool to see in 3D.

Forgot about all that. I keep thinking about the opening sequence from ANH in 3D. I know just seeing that Star Destroyer chasing Leia's ship in 3D will make me seem like a kid again!

Im really looking forward to all the events that the legion will be able to attend. can you imagine being in TD gear while ANH is playing?!?!?! it will be amazing!!!! It was all just a dream 30+ years ago and now its our reality :)

I was hoping that GL would do the original theatrical release in 3D than pushing his SE concepts to the fans :duimomlaag:

Is it true that he was going to re-edit all saber duels in the OT? If it is,then another one :duimomlaag:

See you guys in 2015!!

The truth is that now that the OT have many CG elements in it, then converting those to 3D will not be too difficult.

Its Star Wars so of coarse I am going to take the family to see it and troop it.

But can we all be honest and just admit that the emperor has no cloths for just a min?

GL has been like a god to me most of my life but it is time for him to hand the creative regens to a new director.

Look at the Batman franchise back in the 80s the thought of having someone other then Tim Burton direct Batman seemed

blasphemous.... now we can't imagine anyone but Christopher Nolan directing those movies. I think if the Star Wars

franchise has any chance of creatively surviving into the next 30 years then new blood will be needed.

Its a little frustrating to me when such a rich universe such as SW with 1000s of fascinating characters will be relegated to just Anakin Skywalkers story. Which at the end of the day was what we got in 1-6

The truth is that now that the OT have many CG elements in it, then converting those to 3D will not be too difficult.

Its Star Wars so of coarse I am going to take the family to see it and troop it.

But can we all be honest and just admit that the emperor has no cloths for just a min?

GL has been like a god to me most of my life but it is time for him to hand the creative regens to a new director.

Look at the Batman franchise back in the 80s the thought of having someone other then Tim Burton direct Batman seemed

blasphemous.... now we can't imagine anyone but Christopher Nolan directing those movies. I think if the Star Wars

franchise has any chance of creatively surviving into the next 30 years then new blood will be needed.

Its a little frustrating to me when such a rich universe such as SW with 1000s of fascinating characters will be relegated to just Anakin Skywalkers story. Which at the end of the day was what we got in 1-6

agreed....i would love to see more of the "stories" come to the big screen.