New Backpack sound loop

TD2298

This sounds really interesting, probably even more when finished. :)

I've still gotten the old loop and that's ready for replacement...

How's it going? I'm recording the radio traffic right now and it's really sounding cool. I also have a bunch of effects that I'm using to bring the pack to life at the same time. I should be done in the next couple of weeks. Can't wait to let everyone hear it. :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi John!

I had my old file up on drop box,how i put it up here now?

Disclaimer: i dont intend it with a scenario and dialogs,i just put it up to gave an idea on how i imagine a starwarsey radio static back sound. :P

Hi John!

Disclaimer: i dont intend it with a scenario and dialogs,i just put it up to gave an idea on how i imagine a starwarsey radio static back sound. :P

Hey John,

One of the command staff can upload it here for you if you want it here.

You'll have to email it or get it to us somehow though. B)

Hi John!

Awesome!

I used some "house heater" and other home related sound effects to give the pack a mechanical sound, as to maybe create the sounds that the inner mechanisms of the pack would emit. These sounds play throughout the loop and then the radio traffic cuts in and out over top of it. I even threw in some random air hisses here and there. It should be pretty cool. I'm making my way through recording the radio transmissions at the moment. Shouldn't be too much longer. For the radio traffic, I put an effect on the voice track and I also recorded static from my clock radio on two separate tracks to give that "staticy transmission feel". Should be cool. :)

John, you gotta make sure that you complete this project! It sounds awesome! I have both of the previously released radio loops and the second was much better because of the added mechanical sounds and the probe droid.

Will you add some probe droid effects, for me, please?!!!! :D:D:D

Smally.

John, you gotta make sure that you complete this project! It sounds awesome! I have both of the previously released radio loops and the second was much better because of the added mechanical sounds and the probe droid.

Will you add some probe droid effects, for me, please?!!!! :D:D:D

Smally.

The probe droid is in there! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't mind to have the whole scene "narrated" in the loop.

Whenever I use the other loop it just keeps talking about stuff no one really understands or follows. Thats cause being it in English and living inMexico would make no sense for me, my character or the ppl around if I normally spoke Spanish to everyone, but needed to speak English to reply to the radio.

LOL...

Anyway, most ppl in Mexico (specially kids) have seen the movies in Spanish, not so much in English. So for them, it is natural that TDs or any character speak in Spanish.

I just like to have a surround sound for the representation of my character.

Saludos.

It's not English, it's "Galactic Basic." ;) lol I am such a nerd for knowing that.

But your point is valid. Could you create chatter of your own from the Spanish dialogue used in theovies?

Yes, I know what you mean...

It is just that since the mid 80s, I have not enjoyed seeing any movie dubbed to spanish. Therefore, I wouldn't like to use the dialogs from the spanish dubbed version.

But, I guess no one minds actually if the loop is in English.

Sometimes ppl come to me and speak to me in English assuming I come from the states, being part of LFL or something. LOL...

I rather not interact with the loop and thats it. :D

And yes, Galactic Basic is the correct term.

And huttese is actually Quechua, a dialect of peruvian native peoples (I think).

:)

Saludos

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i made a mix of stuff from here and fresound.org. it's 60 min and about 115 meg mp3. every 60 seconds there's a quick line (in english) from either a sandtrooper or stormtrooper. i got it on an ipod shuffle, playing in loop in my pack on some cheap 4AAA powered speakers that i tied to a wingnut dirtyboy used building the pack.

http://rapidshare.com/files/436546848/Sandtrooper_Radio_Noise.mp3

post-3714-039584000 1292184744_thumb.jpg