Gun weathering

stuntmanmike

Not sure if anyone has done this yet but I figured I'd post it. Really simple, when you are putting on your final clear coat, before it dries lightly sprinkle some real sand in areas that might trap sand, blow off any excess sand let dry. When you put final clear coat on it will lock sand into place. Just make sure the sand is where you want it or it could be like sanding off sand paper with sand paper. Here's a few pics to get the idea. let me know what you guys think.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Enjoy

James

TB 7681

I weather my guns to just have the "worn metal" look. Paint a base coat of silver, then top off with flat black. I sand litly with fine sandpaper hitting the edges where I want the silver to show through. Not too crazy about this sand or dirt on the weapon, but to each his own.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I weather my guns to just have the "worn metal" look. Paint a base coat of silver, then top off with flat black. I sand litly with fine sandpaper hitting the edges where I want the silver to show through. Not too crazy about this sand or dirt on the weapon, but to each his own.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I would only do sand on Sand Trooper gear, nothing else. Sand does get every where ;)

Its a good idea and very easy to do.

Over here, I like my blasters to be old and worn off, but never actually thought of sand.

On the pack, I do as you did with your BFG. I think it looks cool.

Here is a pict of my E11.

post-1761-068323200 1277939031_thumb.jpg

Saludos