Just finished armor (Looking for feedback)

TD2298

Hey everyone,

I just finished my armor and was looking to get deployed soon. It would be great if anyone can let me know if I missed anything. Thanks in advance. BFG almost finished.Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looking good man!

That's a great pack for sure, and good lookin' armor / weathering! B)

One question... do you have the 3 ab plate buttons and the 3 "rivet covers" on your belt (left, center & right)?

Then a few picky things (if you care).

1) I'd raise the thighs up some.

2) I'd get better / tighter fitting gloves

3) I'd round the bottom of the ammo plate on your right thigh.

4) I'd wrap more black tape on the top black tape wrap on your pack.

Those are all suggestions to make it even better / more accurate... but they're just that. B)

Great job!

Looking good man!

That's a great pack for sure, and good lookin' armor / weathering! B)

One question... do you have the 3 ab plate buttons and the 3 "rivet covers" on your belt (left, center & right)?

Then a few picky things (if you care).

1) I'd raise the thighs up some.

2) I'd get better / tighter fitting gloves

3) I'd round the bottom of the ammo plate on your right thigh.

4) I'd wrap more black tape on the top black tape wrap on your pack.

Those are all suggestions to make it even better / more accurate... but they're just that. B)

Great job!

thanks for the feedback! Great suggestions! I'll have to add those buttons. What

do the rivet covers on the belt look like? Not sure about those.

Very nice work John, and that's a beautiful backpack!

I would recommend adjusting the backpack straps to have it sit a little higher. Maybe you could use binder clips to cinch up the straps and adjust until you find the right length.

Looking good! :duim:

Charlie

Looking good bro!

Just check what Noel and Charlie already said and you are set!

One more thing though, what is that white thing on your wrists? Is it some velcro or closing on your gloves? Just between the cheesegrater and the arm piece.

And a suggestion: if you want to go all the way with your pack, paint the whole radio black. Thats the way that model is supposed to be. But you can leave it as it is anyway. Your choice.

Great TD so far bro!

Good job.

Saludos

Thanks for all of your feedback guys. I actually started making the changes today that you guys have been suggesting. That is Velcro on my gloves as I have been struggling for a while trying to get them to fit better and not bunch up. Today I went to the surf shop and bought a tight fitting pair of diving gloves which fit much better. They probally are more accurate looking since I heard that the original TDs actually more rubber gloves. Is that true? Once again, thanks for your input. You guys know your stuff!

Yep, accurate TD gloves are just black rubber gloves. (good in the heat of Tatooine ;) )

I wondered about that white strip too but forgot to ask... good eye Juan.

And I agree with Charlie as well... the pack could be higher. I had to do the same thing to mine and still need to do the right side a bit more on mine.

Great job though!

Keep us posted!

Posted Image

Looking good! nice sandy for sure there trooper ;)

One small thing...

remember to cut the one down corner round, on the strap boxes over the right leg:

Posted Image

Thanks for the pic of the ammo strap on the right knee. I took the dremel to it last night. The straps for the backpack that I'm using now are elastic. Do you guys suggest that I replace them with regular fabric straps, so I have more control on the way that the pack sits?

The straps for the backpack that I'm using now are elastic. Do you guys suggest that I replace them with regular fabric straps, so I have more control on the way that the pack sits?

No. Mine are elastic as well. It's Crashmann's kit, right? If you have them attached like I do here then all you have to do is wrap / glue the bottom "loop" a bit tighter.

I literally cut the loop I had glued off and then looped and glued (using E-600 btw) them again and it was just about perfect. But, of course, you'll want to measure it for yourself. I guesstimated. I figured I had some "play" since they are elastic. I was right. B)

No. Mine are elastic as well. It's Crashmann's kit, right? If you have them attached like I do here then all you have to do is wrap / glue the bottom "loop" a bit tighter.

I literally cut the loop I had glued off and then looped and glued (using E-600 btw) them again and it was just about perfect. But, of course, you'll want to measure it for yourself. I guesstimated. I figured I had some "play" since they are elastic. I was right. B)

I was able to rig up a strap that fits under my armpits and around my back that really holds the pack at a solid height. I used polypropylene straps so there isn't any change in the length. The elastic straps just keep the pack from bouncing around and don't have to support it's full weight now. I'll get to try it out trooping this weekend.

I was able to rig up a strap that fits under my armpits and around my back that really holds the pack at a solid height. I used polypropylene straps so there isn't any change in the length. The elastic straps just keep the pack from bouncing around and don't have to support it's full weight now. I'll get to try it out trooping this weekend.

Post some pics of that strap set up when you have a chance too please. B)