Hawaii Sandies...pics!

TD7377

Hello fellow sandies,

I thought I would share a few pics of our trooping at the DVD/BFII release at the local BestBuy. The first pic is of brother Guns and I (the only 2 members of the MEPD in Hawaii...for now, anyway). The last pic is the MEPD flanking the group. Take care everyone and I hope you all had an awesome trooping(s)!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That helmet is a TE helmet! None better!

TE

TE,

I can't thank you enough! Owning your ESB, TD, and hopefully, ANH suits are simply a thrill! You are a true artisan and a great friend. I hope this post finds you and your family doing well. Take care, buddy!

My, what lovely ammo pouches you have.

Only the best, slave1pilot...only the best! You are THE MAN!!! Thanks so much for all you do for the MEPD, my friend! You go above and beyond. Now I just have to weather these bad boys.

At ease! At ease!

I just finished saying on another thread how "nice & friendly" we ALL are here on sandtrooper.net AND I come over to this thread and WHOOYA! We's got these darn-blasted TE troopers shouting and carrying on like there's a dang revolution going on! Ahem, uh, now, where was I...?

Oh yeah, TD 2878, "Guns" was a "tac-call-sign" I had while I was stationed at Taegu Air Base in the Republic of South Korea. The unit I was assigned to (497th Tactical Fighter Squadron) flew F-4E Phantom IIs. One of my former commanders was known as "Gunner" and the F-4E was an air superiority platform and for a special time in my life I was known as a "Gunner's gunner". Ah, Korea, I LOVED IT!

But it really began in booth camp at Lackland Air Force Base, Texas. In the "flight" I was assigned to half the guys came from the West Coast and the other half came from the East Coast. So we had the "left coast/right coast" deal going on decades before it became fashionable. The guys would call me "GUN". My last name is SAGUN. Drop the "SA" you got "GUN". The tac-call-sign "GUNS" was a very natural progression.

Anyway, funny thing about the label, it followed me through my "gym-rat" days about (funny-not bragging) my "guns". I sure was proud of em! Still am! But with TE armor I had to place an extra piece of plastic on both the "right" & the "left" bicep in order to apply the industrial-strength velcro! (The left-side was extremely tight because it is quite a bit smaller in size as compared to the right-side) But you might look into trimming the ends a tad. AND if worst case scenario - buy some FX bicep armor pieces! I remember another trooper looking for to buy some because of the same circumstances. (Don't tell TE I said that - I'll deny it to the bitter end)

In the PD I work for here in Honolulu, I'm known as "Guns" like in my Smith & Wesson 5906, Smith & Wesson 6904, my Remington 870 AND my LE Colt AR-15. So the label continues.

But to put a close on this label, did you notice the BFG that Chris has in his hands? Yup, yup, yup! Sci-fire hyper-firm rubber, MG-34/DLT-19! I gots that, I is the first trooper in the islands to have the Sci-fire Blastech E-11 blaster AND I've gots the Lewis Gun is on order! So I guess I eventually BECAME my nickname.

And yes, Nathan, those are "good-looking" ammo pouches! Just remember gang to have fun and enjoy! Take care guys!

Guns

ePS: C'mon gang you guys can stop "buttering-up" TE AND slavepilot1! They're GOOD, but not THAT GOOD! heehee.