What 12" Sandy figures look the best? and how much would you pay for a marmit figure?

Revolver Ocelot

Are there any cool looking 12" Sandy figures? Right now iam using the koto captain,

Posted Image

as my desk decoration but want to change it up.

The other two koto ones seem really hard to find. The sideshow sandys look like they are wearing FX helmets. The only other ive been able to find are marmit sandys, and they seem pretty rare and overpriced.

So my questions are how much would you guys spend on a marmit sandtrooper figure? And are there any others i missed that look good?

Thanks!

My only complaint about the Sideshow ones is the helmet, as you've already pointed out. It looks very FX like (angled face, sharp corner eyes, and the cheek tubes are way too big). That, and the joints are a little loose, and they don't stand well with packs, they almost always need some extra support. The backpacks however are really good, I have taken reference pics and posted them in the backpack section.

The sideshow weapons are very nice and detailed. The E11 is very sharp in terms of detail. The pauldrons are also sewn fabric, which is a nice touch.

The Marmit ones are very nice, and harder to come by now and much more expensive. Keep in mind that their scale is not compatible with others, meaning Marmit's 12" is smaller than Sideshow's 12". The figure is also slightly less posable than Sideshows. Some of the parts are less detailed, but everything fits well and hangs nicely on the figure.

In terms of availability, you can still buy the Sideshows rather easily. The white and orange pauldron ones are out now, and the black will be available by June.

*BTW: at some point when I'm totally bored and have tons of spare time (yeah right) I might resculpt a 12" helmet that's mre to scale for the sideshow figures, and add in the details we all know and love. :)

I paid over $100 for a Marmit back in 2005 and replaced the figure with a more articulate Dragon figure, and I really feel by doing the modification, it made for an incredible action figure. By using a Dragon figure, you can choose different heads for the 'helmet-off' look. The backpack was not as accurate as the Sideshow, but it was definitely top-notch.