Plastic and time-advice and comments please

Hi all,

I was intending on keeping this until it was finished but gradually things took longer as on every turn I seemed to add more, to what was going to be a simple upgrade.

Please, this is not supposed to be a scale replica, more something for trooping that looks more than just a toy, and in the end no matter what it IS a toy and for a replica scratch build is the way IMO.

This was actually the first item I bought, before I had internet access, about 1996, and before I ever thought I would be able to own my own armour. Something quite influential then ;-)

It’s my old painted blaster I did years ago, I bought some castings to upgrade but they were very very poor. I must have bought copies, unknowingly I must add, as I have heard nothing but praise for the guy who does the proper items. It shows you get what you pay for.

Please look all the way as believe me after the prime it all looks A LOT BETTER

Well here are the pics

Posted Image

I built the counter from scratch using plastic, abs and a couple of screws, I plan to add the counter numbers at the rear, for visual only of course

Posted Image

Weapon has been cleaned of all seams and new magazine when finished, lot of work on the housing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sights are now shorter and have glass(plastic) they will be tinted orange or red with some sort of range indication.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And the rails are just plastic strip. I use thinned squadron putty to seal fine seams.

Posted Image

Posted Image

And the rails are just plastic strip. I use thinned squadron putty to seal fine seams.

I think you can see any other mods, in primer now, screws, plastic rod etc (folded butt not added yet). There is a fantastic upgrade of a real blaster on MEPD by TD-1549 and I have used his pics as reference to make this toy as close I can. The primer is only for me to finally see what I need to clean up. The original brass bits will be brass and the rest black over silver, matt.

Some tweaks and I will post more.

Posted Image

Posted Image

A comapre of what the cast was to my plastic thing(mine is the grey one) the pic after next...

P1010001.jpg

P1010394.jpg

Really hope you like, please if you like or dislike comment, nothing more disheartening than loads of looks and no response

55555555555555555555555555555555-21.jpg

P1010001.jpg

When done I have decided to sell with my armour in the hope I can get another TK kit.

When I sell it (with my armour) I may sell it weathered or offer the choice, any views.

Best wishes and thanks to TD-1549, I live in Devon and maybe I will get chance to see the real deal some time (hint mate if your listening )

PS I am in Her Majesty’s finest ‘PER MARE PER TERRAM’, I have no association with any alchohol company, I just have the glasses 

• 3 weeks later...

Very handsome build!

The time and effort you have put into the prop makes it much more than just a toy. It's almost too nice to troop with :)

Keep up the great work, and I look forward to seeing a coat of black paint there!

Charlie