MR Bucket after Mods & Weathering

Quartermaster

The painting was done using a combination of textured sand colored spray paint and flat black. They were lightly misted onto the helmet. The textured paint is cool because it has a gritty feel, almost like real sand. The detailing in the creases was done with acrylics rubbed in and wiped off.

The lenses are cut from a mirrored plastic sheet. It is slightly thicker than a sheet of paper. Because of this, I traced my old MR lenses onto a sheet of clear polycarbonate and cut out two for each side. The mirrored sheet is then sandwiched in between the clear lenses. I then drill mounting holes in the lenses and install them using the original post and screw setup in the helmet.

I found a guy in Australia who sells these mirrored sheets as a backing for clear football helmet visors. You can order an 6x10 inch sheet for about $15. He also has them available in blue, red, gold, silver, and iridium mirror.

He would not devulge what type of material it is, except that it is used for race car helmets. I have not been able to find it anywhere else on the web as of yet. Here is his link on Ebay.

http://stores.ebay.com/Cashs-Football-Visor-Inserts?_rdc=1

Here is a list of the mods that were done:

Filled in seam below frown.

Installed metal screen in frown.

Drilled out the fourth holes on both sides of the frown.

Filed out the teeth in the frown to make them slightly bigger.

Replaced the cheek and rear vents with solid decals from Mike TK4510.

Replaced the tube stripes with proper ANH blue also from Mike TK4510.

Removed original aerators and replaced with billet aluminum Hovis with mini speakers.

Installed sound system from Triktoys.(Thinking about upgrading to Rom/FX soundboard)

Installed custom padding to interior for proper fit to my melon.

Installed two fans, one open face and one squirrel fan. The squirrel fan has a small diameter vent hose that runs off of it and up to the lenses to keep them from fogging.

And of course, changed out the lenses to the mirrored green.