the pack Wet Wipes bottles = propane canisters?

pandatrooper

I'm not sure if the "Wet Wipes" cylinders / bottles on packs have been identified, but I was walking through Walmart yesterday and I saw some BBQ propane tanks that were very similar in size to the blue cylinders. This made me wonder if they were disposable propane tanks / bottles / cylinders from the 70's. These are commonly used for propane torches for welding / soldering, portable BBQ's, lanterns, etc.. so junked empty ones would be easy to find.

On the packs, I know there's the ones with the mushroom caps (the lower one on the Move along pack), but on "Pack 1" (with the rectangular air filter on the upper left) that cylinder doesn't have a mushroom cap, but is commonly referred to as having a "domed top" with nothing on the top at all.

I took a few pics and did some tweaking. Below is a screen cap from Braksbuddy, I then tweaked it in photoshop, and you can see a highlight of "some kind" at the top of the bottle. Perhaps this was the threaded nipple for a propane tank?

Posted Image

Here's a few images I found of common modern propane tanks, of various shapes and sizes. You can see the size and proportion of these portable ones is not unlike our beloved "Wet wipes" bottles, which we try to use to match the screen used bottles.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

What do you guys think?

Not a bad find but even if those propane tanks are empty there still kinda heavy so I guess it depends on how much you want your pack to weigh. Another route if you dont like the bottle wipes is to mount a car oil filter.

Okay this gives me an idea......... "Transformer TD Field Pack to BBQ" :0Lighten:

Well... this would certainly explain the final appearance of the the Lars family. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...