Topic over the FISD about "airfilter" part

iconoclasta_88

So far has just been a few posts, but I find very interesting what has come out about this part. Looks like it could be an air filter for an old Rover v8 sd1.

Check the post and join the debate.

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=10328&pid=130811&st=0entry130811

Saludos...

:)

The car air filters (and pool air filters, and shop vac filters) have very thin, flat "ribs" like paper folded into a fan. The closeup from the movie still clearly shows that there are NO thin ribs, but there are thick "tubes" with thin spaces between them.

They look nothing alike when you look at the closeup. From far away, an air filter will pass for this part, but not up close.

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=2236

Based on comments from John Mollo (in the Making of SW book), I would think that the pack assembly was pretty rushed since they were shooting very soon, and George wanted the troopers in "combat order" rather quickly. We can also see the use of wire and tape and whatever they could find, so it seems like time was short.

I can see them using a found part, like a found filter of some sort. I agree that it's not the car filter posted as the ribs are different. That being said, I read in some books that there were junk yards / wreckers and various parts from military and aircraft around, so perhaps those were possible sources? Could it be some kind of airplane / jet filter of some kind?

Based on comments from John Mollo (in the Making of SW book), I would think that the pack assembly was pretty rushed since they were shooting very soon, and George wanted the troopers in "combat order" rather quickly. We can also see the use of wire and tape and whatever they could find, so it seems like time was short.

I can see them using a found part, like a found filter of some sort. I agree that it's not the car filter posted as the ribs are different. That being said, I read in some books that there were junk yards / wreckers and various parts from military and aircraft around, so perhaps those were possible sources? Could it be some kind of airplane / jet filter of some kind?

As far as I remember it was a jet engine filter...

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=1414&st=40