Hospital del Niño Morelense

iconoclasta_88

Since a couple of weekends ago, the Mexican Garrison has been participating in visits to several different hospitals all across the country. With this visits we pretend to give some good times and fun to children in hospitals suffering different diseases or problems. We also try to give some joy and comfort to their families, specially small siblings of sick kids, giving away some toys and talking with them and having a little fun.

This last week was the turn of the Hospital del Niño Morelense or "Children's Hospital of the Morelos State", which I was able to attend.

The visit had two sides of it for me and most troopers there.

A very sad side when getting to know so many children that sometimes are very sick or have a very serious disease.

A Very Very bright side after looking at their faces with big smiles and excitement for getting Imperial visitors.

If you have ever been to a similar troop, you know what I mean when I say Im thankful to have a lid to hide my tears and show a familiar "face" to the children.

Anyway, I am very happy to be able to do this kind of things. This is what makes the 501st and all our troops different from most clubs. We are not here just to wear our armors, but to use them to make this a better world.

We were not allowed to take pictures of the troop, but I was able to get this from the final meeting outside the hospital.

Posted Image

And also one of myself representing the MEPD in our visit to the hospital.

Posted Image

Saludos...

cool Juan it is a nice event! :)

it is also important to take a good time in armor that to share this with all people like childrens.

you had make them happy for one day, and it is a good thing.

i also like to see children with smile when i troop, it is no price.

Good troop spirit bro Juan :)

I have also been trooping, on the big Copenhagen kid hospital here.

I remember a very sick kid, pick up he´s green water gun...

Point it at me, and said, i´m not afraid of you, and then a big smile came to he´s face.

Cheers :)

Juan...I know what you mean..

A very sad side when getting to know so many children that sometimes are very sick or have a very serious disease.

A Very Very bright side after looking at their faces with big smiles and excitement for getting Imperial visitors

I run an annual event here and this year will be my 4th year for children in a simular situation..called Help A Child Smile...raise enough money to send sick kids and there families to Disney...just awesome feeling all around

thanks for sharing

Rob

THX for all your comments.

Here is another picture of our mission with a teenage girl who was really excited about our little imperial visit. She said TKs were their fav character so we called all white armor into her room, this is what happened:

Posted Image

Doing this kind of things, specially for kids, make me feel really proud of being part of this brotherhood called the 501st Legion.

All the hard work building armors and researching and the joy this hobby gives me feels insignificant compared to the joy and satisfaction of making children and their families smile.

THX for sharing... and for keeping this spirit alive.

501st rules!!!

Saludos.