New face to my Crashmann radio faceplace.

iconoclasta_88

A few months ago I (almost) finished my backpack... but as GL said about movies, I do think that you never finish props, just abandon them till you get more accurate ideas, references, materials and tools.

This time it was the turn of my radio faceplate. I have many of Charlie's backpack kit parts on my own backpack, but at the time I got them, the Sonix Victory 75 radio was discovered. So It felt like the right thing to make my faceplate to resemble more the original Radio used on the prop.

To do this, I added a few extra details like the extra plastic layers around the speaker, the squares, the "plugs" and the antenna base... I even cut out the dial hole and replaced it with clear plastic, a dial sticker and a light. I think it was kindof ok...

Then Rolf kindly suggested me to upgrade my radio by painting it all black, as the prop artists would have done back in '76. I knew I had to do it, just never came to do it till today. I painted it all flat black and I must say I like it a lot.

This is how it used to look...

Posted Image

And,

Here is how it looks now.

Posted Image

So, what do you think? Still not 100% accurate of course, But I think it has a very cool resemblance and I like how it looks...

When the paint dries off I will mount it on the Backpack and post some pictures....

Saludos.