Wormholes and the Time Paradox

Tyranus

OK everyone, I'm looking for a theoretical discussion about just what the thread title said:

Wormholes and the Time Paradox.

I'd like to get everyone's views on the ability to create a wormhole or a fold in space at will, to transport objects and/or people instantly across the universe, around the corner . . . or forward/backward through time. Do you think this is possible?

Also, what does everyone think would happen if a present time person were to cause a past version of him or herself to come in contact with the present version? Would there be a cosmic blurring of the two timelines - overrun with duplicates of everything? Would the space time continuum unzip and unravel entirely? How could both versions exist simultaneously in the same timeline, or could they?

I know there are enough fertile minds on this forum to keep this going a while.

Let's see what you all have to say about both topics.

Wow that's one **** of a topic.

The whole bending space black hole is a fascinating subject.

While a black hole does bend space and time and one could theoretically cause a worm hole , the idea of ever being able to

travel through one seems to be restricted by the laws of physics. Since nothing is able to survive a black holes gravitational singularity.

All matter is destroyed and as we all know even light can not escape.

Time travel is equally as fascinating since time is relative to observer. We all know that the faster one travel the slower one ages.

If light speed travel were possible then traveling to the future would be a cake walk since. What would be a year to us would be

100s to anyone back on earth.

According to Einstein lets say Han and Chewie left Hoth and traveled to Endor to meet up with Luke. Well

it may take the Falcon 2 days to get there at light speed but Luke would be years older when they finally showed up.

Also stronger gravity = slower time. So yes time travel is possible just fwrd not backwards.

What would happen if somehow I could go back in time and a younger version of myself?

Well my best guess is that the older me?

Geezzz that's a can or worms. For one wouldn't the older me's memory be formatted from the point in time I met younger me??

Every event would be changed to the point that I would always end up meeting myself at that time and space.

Which means that time in space would be on a loop for all infinity right?

And unless the older me that went back in time dies right away there would be an infinite amount of me's eventually??

Talk about annoying!!

Man have you seen the movie "Event Horizon"? That is what happens when you fool with mother nature bro!

Otherwise I'd have to say time travel though possible, will make a person lose his lunch.

A person who encounters himself somewhere in time outside of his "now" and makes absolute contact with his "other" can't be good. Maybe their DNA would mutate and they'de both become murderous fiends like Mr Hyde.

Like in the movie, folding time and space by creating a blackhole caused them to pass through other dimensions.... they ended up passing through ****. That's no entirely impossible when you think about it.