Replacement thighs

Daetrin

While making the sandy mods to my TK suit I also ABS cemented a lot of things together. It all went well until I cemented my thighs. The left one fits fine, but the right is now too tight.

If you look at the http://www.merentha.org/dsc02410.jpg you'll see that the left one is molded a bit bigger than the right. When I was in velcro- land I guess I didn't close the right all the way and thus it all fit comfortably, but now the damage is done and it's way too tight. I tried dremeling a bit but it's not working well enough to make a difference without me cutting away a fair amount of plastic.

Apparently there are two molds out there, one with a large circumference and rectangularly angled backs, and one that is more narrow with low angled backs. I have the latter but it seems most people these days only have the former. See http://www.merentha.org/dsc02409.jpg to see the backs that I have.

Any ideas on where I can get a replacement right thigh? And if there is anyway I can get a new right thigh before Halloween, that would be Nirvana.

Thanks,

Paul

Paul,

1. Contact the/a supplier of armor to see if they can send you a new peice (didn't we have this conversation before on another part?).

2. Ebay

3. If the piece is as shot as you say, and it's no good to you, cut it and then velcro/abs in a shim.

4. Try the Legion Forum (http://www.501stforums.com/forum/)

Maybe we could try to mod it next week when we meet up.

1. I did, but he doesn't have the same type of part anymore.

2. None available. I talked to another maker who will put one up soon, but it will be of the other mold type and thus won't work.

3. Yeah, that's my last option and I can do it and try to hid the damage under dirt, but would like to see if I can get a replacement before doing all that cutting.

Sure, next week will be fine if I can't locate a spare. Heck with all the cement overrun and scuffs I'm creating up it's 1/2 dirty already

Even if that does work, it would be great to know that I can get replacement parts if it ever becomes unrepairable, as I like these thigh backs more than the other kind.

daetrin,

Just left a message about this on the GT boards, so whichever you see first, the tip if you're willing to attempt it, is to try sawing back and forth along the seam. Hopefully the cement hasn't cured to the point where the thread can't cut into it. Hope this helps and there's always the armor party next week to work things out

daetrin,

Just left a message about this on the GT boards, so whichever you see first, the tip if you're willing to attempt it, is to try sawing back and forth along the seam. Hopefully the cement hasn't cured to the point where the thread can't cut into it. Hope this helps and there's always the armor party next week to work things out

I meant to say upholstery thread to do the sawing. My bad!

Yeah we could work on it this next weekend, but I'd rather we spend our time on the Lewis Gun project...or getting dirty!

Speaking of that - which tutorial should we follow?

Paul