Attention writers!

TD-1536

I thought I'd open this up, to see what you can come up with.

From Scott Will, Merch officer

"50-60 words is the space, so it's not a novel, but enough to give a short overview about the characters....

By "fictional perspective", I mean it should be written as if the characters are real. For example, it shouldn't say "Stormtroopers wear vacuformed ABS plastic armor held together with snaps, velcro and elmers glue", but rather "Imperial issue Stormtrooper armor, made from blaster resistant polymer blah blah blah". You get the idea."

Here's my shot at it. Do with it what you will. :)

The Imperial Sandtrooper is among the most feared of the Emperor's elite soldiers. Equipped both mentally and physically for the harshest environments in the galaxy, the troopers who are chosen for this duty must be battle-hardened and focused with specialized training in independent problem-solving and advanced weapons technologies.

I remember theres a thread about making an 'oath' for 'soon to be' deployed MEPD officers,many good words too i think

Ah yes, I remember that oath (being its erstwhile author) but curiously never saw its implementation despite favorable poll results. Perhaps it could be tweaked to meet this new objective.

Here tis:

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=...mp;hl=mepd+oath

Here's the intro I came up with for THE SANDTROOPER'S STORY:

Amidst the ranks of the Imperial Stormtroopers there are numerous divisions of troops specialized and adapted to varying environments and locale. While many are physically challenging, pushing troopers beyond their training and to the edges of their abilities, none of the assignments is as grueling as that of the Sandtrooper. Scattered across countless worlds, they live, work and die in places most would rather forget. They are Imperial law enforcement officers assigned to keep the peace, maintain order and protect the citizens on their beat in the most inhospitable assigned posts in the Empire. They wear a variation of the traditional, white eggshell Stormtrooper armor made of super lightweight Impervium over a two-piece temperature controlled body glove. The Impervium resists indirect blaster fire and decay so effectively that earlier versions of the armor can still be found today at battle sites as far back as the Clone Wars. Sandtroopers that manage to live a long life and survive their dangerous assignments look forward to retirement on the planet Sochi.

If you want something different, I can work on it.

Some of this was taken from an OLD article that was in an original STAR WARS weekly foldout magazine/poster I had from when I was a kid:

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...