Brand new

Flatrabbit

Hey all,

I just joined The Dented Helmet last week as well as Mandalorian Mercs. I am excited after a year of "stalking" these site to have finally made a commitment to do this.

While researching those costumes, I realized me long time love for sandtroopers. That being said, I'm not sure I want to wait a year to build a sandtrooper. I think I will build them side by side. Do you think this is too ambitious? I seem to be pretty bipolar in life like this.

Anyway, I look forward to any help you can offer. Where should I start. Cheers all.

Oh, if this is in the wrong place, sorry. Feel free to relocate. :)

Hi and welcome!!

You're clear to ask any questions necessary these people are the best!

Nothing is too ambitious man,believe me :lol: and i want to see your build on tha bobba/jango too!

You can start by acquiring a good armor such as TE2,TM,AP.

Then do some research on which pouch you should buy or.....made,

pauldron(see the supply depot,SoCal garrison and Trooper1 currently still available for this),

mic tips,

paint,

belts(canvas-quite available),

shoulder strap(white elastic)etc,

Backpack,whats on it and how

Blasters and what you should do/convert, etc.............plenty of fun isn't it? :D

Cheers

Flatrabbit?

I'd love to hear the back story on that name... :D

Welcome to the MEPD, home of SW sandtroopers.

You can do some homework by visiting the FISD and reading up on the "history of armor". Also, depending on your location, try looking up your local 501st Legion Garrison.

For TM armor, you can contact him directly.

I don't know how to contact AP, but if you're interested in TE/TE2 armor, I invite you to drop me a PM anytime.

The important thing is to enjoy your journey regardless of the armor you finally decide upon.

Aloha,

T :salute:

Cheers T,

I appreciate the specifics. Can you tell me your opinion on these armors and the differences. I like quality and am willing to pay for it. I prefer to find that tipping point of quality vs. price. Get me? I'd love to see pics if you can direct me. Also assembly skill level is a factor.

Mahalo.

Flatrabbit?

I'd love to hear the back story on that name... :D

Welcome to the MEPD, home of SW sandtroopers.

You can do some homework by visiting the FISD and reading up on the "history of armor". Also, depending on your location, try looking up your local 501st Legion Garrison.

For TM armor, you can contact him directly.

I don't know how to contact AP, but if you're interested in TE/TE2 armor, I invite you to drop me a PM anytime.

The important thing is to enjoy your journey regardless of the armor you finally decide upon.

Aloha,

Cheers T,

I appreciate the specifics. Can you tell me your opinion on these armors and the differences. I like quality and am willing to pay for it. I prefer to find that tipping point of quality vs. price. Get me? I'd love to see pics if you can direct me. Also assembly skill level is a factor.

Mahalo.

Send me an email laddy... :D

I'm in the Man Cave pulling plastic. ;)

phantomf4@hawaii.rr.com

So on this other thread (http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=5805&st=0&p=69958entry69958) there seems to be some concern about the strength and durability of Styrene. Any thoughts? Please know that I am not questioning the quality of anyones work, merely the material vs. ABS.

Cheers.

Hey bro, welcome...

Some seem to think that HIPS is not as good as ABS... I can only talk about HIPS since ABS is not available in Mexico, but it is not that soft. It is actually very good and flexible but durable. You just need to be careful and take care of any incidents.

Like a car, if you have the paint scratched, just take care of it and its alright, but if you let it there, and the next one, and the next one, in no time it will look really bad.

I have no complain about styrene in general. I actually prefer it from other materials available over here. :D

Saludos.

Body size matters too. I think FX armor is good for the big troopers and AP is good for a thin body. TE2 are nice. Also Depends on how much you want to spend. AP do cost a lot.

Thanks Sands,

I'm not as concerned with the cost as much as difficulty level of assembly. I WOULD hate to spend so much only to ruin it due to my skill level. :P