All sandtroopers did not have modified abdomen piece

Dirty D

If I may interject...MEPD is the Imp Garrison on the planet consisting of Militiamen and TDs. When the two bots land on the planet...shipboard Stormtroopers are deployed down to the planet to dramatically increase the number of troops looking for the droids. This might (!) justify why you see more than just classic TDs in ANH??

My interpretation is that MEPD is a small dusty almost forgotten (TD)Imp garrison on a backwater planet. The place suddenly turns into the center of the universe during ANH :)

I'm that 70's show guy :D

I remember there's a member doing the backpack,quite accurate actually,but requiring an ROTJ armor? Thats just not very commonly available? or isnt? CO strikes back?

If there someone new to this hobby,my best bet is,if he not bought an FX,he bought an ANH (ROTJ converted that are many available today) armor,none that im aware of is straightforward ROTJ(for a new guy that is)....even Rubiiizzzz :mellow::huh::blink::wacko::icon_eek::lol:

I've seen ANH armor converted to ROTJ (though hes not showing his buttplate :D ) with rubber seal and all

@Mhenry,ROTJ armor doesnt exist in ANH and ESB on the original movie,But ANH armor exist in ROTJ (when SStar Destroyer hits Death Star II's surface)

OK enough for confusing everyone lol :P Carry on..... :D

If I may interject...MEPD is the Imp Garrison on the planet consisting of Militiamen and TDs. When the two bots land on the planet...shipboard Stormtroopers are deployed down to the planet to dramatically increase the number of troops looking for the droids. This might (!) justify why you see more than just classic TDs in ANH??

Very good point!

That's why you see them arriving in a LANDING CRAFT in the extended SE scene. Clearly new arrivals from the ISD in orbit.

(The crappy weathering seemingly achieved so fast would then be... uhh... a poor attempt at camo? It certainly does look VERY artificially applied)

The local garrison, however, arrives on local mounts. I highly doubt they would keep Dewbacks on ISDs...

That gives us a pretty clear and logical division :)

Very good point!

That's why you see them arriving in a LANDING CRAFT in the extended SE scene. Clearly new arrivals from the ISD in orbit.

(The crappy weathering seemingly achieved so fast would then be... uhh... a poor attempt at camo? It certainly does look VERY artificially applied)

The local garrison, however, arrives on local mounts. I highly doubt they would keep Dewbacks on ISDs...

That gives us a pretty clear and logical division :)

Very much agree with this theory you guys. Makes a lot of sense :D Very cool to hear these views.

Even though you could see it as a backwater world or something like that, it is a renowned spaceport and wretched hive of scum and villainy. It does have a reputation and it is a harsh environment so despite it being a little desert world, it was still specially trained veteran soldiers who ran the police force there. I think maybe that they were so good at their job though that they most likely weren't monitored or micro managed much.

I remember there's a member doing the backpack,quite accurate actually,but requiring an ROTJ armor? Thats just not very commonly available? or isnt? CO strikes back?

Maybe convert a Rubies Stormtrooper...

I would like to add though, is that even though I have been, well kinda defending the SE Trooper, I don't like it and prefer the OT... :td:

I would like to add though, is that even though I have been, well kinda defending the SE Trooper, I don't like it and prefer the OT... :td:

After all the close comparison and referencing I must say I prefer the original TD as well. But I do like a receptive and open club though so it's been nice to get all the point of views.