Help for Heroes 24 hour kart race

oo-tee-dee!

Fellow Sandies

I am part of an all-girl team taking part in the British 24 hour kartrace in aid of HELP FOR HEROES this coming Bank Holiday weekend:

http://www.teessidekarting.co.uk/british24-karting.php

Can't wait to be back in the racing seat again, we are going from noon Sat to noon Sunday, right thru the night - AWESOME :D please sponsor me, no amount is too small!

My sponsor page is here http://www.justgiving.com/fuzzbutt/

Thankeeee ;)

Rache

i am curious to the logistics on this. would love to get something like this going in my area. we have a few awesome kart tracks and would be cool to set something like this up.

1. what does each person need to raise to race

2. where does the money go? (ie. charities, staff, etc)

3. how many people are necessary for just ONE team? the tracks here i think have up to 25 at one time on the track.

It's different for every event, maybe go to your local circuit and ask them if they've organised anything before? I didn't have to raise a minimum amount but we are using a hir kart that *would* have cost us £900 to hire for the 24 hours - however we get it for free cos the circuit owner's daughter is on our team. If other teams have to pay the £900 to hire a kart, then personally I think this should come out of the teams own funds and NOT from the charity money raised. My petrol to drive to Teeside (a 5+ hour drive) plus my hotel money is coming out of my own pocket too. All funds sponsored for me will go to the charity. There are owner-driver teams taking part too, and we all have to buy our tyres from the circuit. However ultimately it will be up to the individual how they pay for this race and whose money they use, but I'd like to think none of them will raid the charity fund to pay for the racing expenses.