Weathering my TE2 Bucket

FIVE

I weathered my TE2 bucket using “Folk Art” paints. Just get a range of colors of any craft paint going from a “maple syrup” / dark color, a couple of “sand” or “twill” colors, and some grays. I also got one bottle of “yellow ochre” for sparse highlights and accents. Then paint in layers. Dark colors first, working up to the greys and finishing with some more “sand / twill” on top of it all. The more you wipe it down as you go with a damp paper towel the better and better it will look! Don’t worry about doing too much, it will always wipe off… even after it’s dry. Just have fun!

As you can see I went a little more “sandy” than some. But I wanted no mistake I’m a sandtrooper! And, honestly, it’s a lot less than some people do. Also, it looks less sandy in person than these pictures.

Let me know what you think!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And you can CLICK HERE for a couple of videos showing the before and after.

So what's the thoughts on sandiness? Too much? Looks good?

I've gotta say I love it! :)

In person, and I keep saying this, it looks a lot less than in these pics. Watch the video I have on my site and you'll get a better look at what it looks like. But, I really do love it! I'm the kind of guy though — as you know — who wants to please everyone else as well. haha So if the overall consensus is that it's too much I'll probably wipe it down and do it more subtle. Or, should I keep it as is because it's mine?

Thoughts? B)

LOL this is the third time i ask ( hit u in a pm, FB and now here!!!)

Any thoughts on recreating the crack on the right cheek area, with paint like the screen used helmet???

Very cool, i am goes TD soon waiting for the lat pieces of stuff!!!!

I will be looking at this thread with intrest!!!

Hey man, sorry... yeah, I saw your posts on fb too, just hadn't replied. :)

No... I don't have any plans on recreating that crack. While the "move along" helmet is what I based this one on, I was never going for an all out "recreation" of it. I want to continue to be 8541... if I was all out "move along" I'd feel like I had to play that part exactly. Ya know? :)

Here are some better pictures!

I don't know why, but my iPhone really brought out the reds and they're not there.

These are much more what it looks like.

So... now what are everyone's thoughts? B)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 4 weeks later...

its all about taste and style actually,no strict rules about how you weathered the armor since there are no clear explanation on how they apply the weathering back then.

but for me,its **** nice Noel!!! if i were you i'll set this as my max limit of 'dirtyness' not more than what it is now B)