Ahoy Troopers!

Nadun

Hello all!

New guy here. Going to start putting together a TK suit soon then convert to a TD and cant freaking wait! Already joined my local garrison to get some info there so for now, Ill just post a question I have regarding some requirements.

Basically, It was suggested that I get my TK together first and join under that before pursuing TD because of all the extras and stuff that is needed in addition. When looking at the TD requirements it states;

- No "drop boxes" (small rectangular parts attached to stormtrooper's belts, above the thigh).

I figured OK, kind of stinks to add them to the suit and then remove them later but if thats what it takes then so be it! But then last night while doing some more research into this I found www.looksirdriods.com and there they have a HQ Photo gallery of reference pictures. Among them are at least two Sandtroopers seen with these said drop boxes in one of the pan shots from the EPIV Special Edition.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Now since Iam new, Iam sorry if this has been brought up before in the past. And I was curious of special edition scenes are considered in the process when making requierments.

Thanks for the help and to any insite into this! B)

Future TD (Matt)

Hmmm well as the Costume Reference Library (CRL) was updated in March 2008...

and Star Wars Ep4 Special Edition was released in 1997....and its pretty common knowledge within the ranks of Sandtroopers, we dont have them....

Id say its a given that TDs simply dont have drop boxes

note: TDs dont have Drop Boxes, as i understand, because the "Tattooine shots" filmed in Tunisia were the first completed back in 1975/6

and as such, the sandtroopers were the first Imp troops on celuloide,,,,the Interior shots of the Tantive 4 and Death Star were studio shots dont later in England.

pretty sure the SE TDs are old ROJ suits...anyone?

pretty sure the SE TDs are old ROJ suits...anyone?

Affirmative indeed they are from the stash of ROTJ TK armor (tell tale sign is the unique shape of their Helmets). Too bad they overlooked consistency when suited the new Sandtroopers to shoot this segment of ANH:SE. I still prefer the original 1976 TD Armor design.