FX ab plate question

Plastic Fury

I have just about completed my first TK build and have already started buying parts to start on my TD. I have read up on all that I need to do for deployment as that is my ultimate goal with this TD. I have found all the answers I need but I have one question about the FX ab plate. I know the center plate with the ab buttons is wrong for a TD and am wondering how I can go about modifying it to fix this? Is there anybody that sells that piece or has a tutorial on how to make it correct for a sandy as well as the side plate (as I know it's supposed to have three white buttons).

I have started with odds and ends but have found a good deal on some used FX armor (minus the bucket of course, probably going to go with a TE2 for that) and want to make sure that modifying it will be accepted for deployment with the MEPD before purchasing.

I am sure this is around here somewhere but I have searched and came up with nothing.

Thanks guys.