Don't call it a come back

So are cargo pants canon??? lol

I made a huge trip to the sandy supply store and thanks to past hit and misses knew just what to get. :D

I am attacking my armor this weekend in hopes of being ready for a Foster Children charity troop on the 16th.

It shouldn't be too hard to do, the only slow part is the trimming of the peaces. I dont want to rush anything so progress on that end is a bit slow.

The rest is actually pretty easy.

Anyway here is my ode to A Clock Work Orange. lol

That or just to embarrass my kids.

Thankfully I have lost something like 20lbs recently with more to come so the TE2 armor seems to fit quite nicely.

Okay back to trimming, at least I have some New Order to listen to.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Chugging along... you can see my old bucket , which i have not given up on even tho its warped and can not get rid of the burnt smell. Oh well,

at least it looks sort of normal now , it was literally black , no joke the fire smoke all but ruined this poor thing, well the other helmets didn't even make it

at all so i should count this one as a blessing :D

I trimmed the ears on the new bucket, along with new lenses opened up the frown and added a tooth.

Did allot more trimming today and still a ways away but the goal is still the 16th. **** mothers day(just kidding) is going to eat a whole day of quality

work time. oh well at least my wife and mom think armor is cool :D

I am at the point that I can look at these pictures and they don't bother me anymore.

Here are a few pictures of helmets past. The MRCE I used a full can of Goof Off and reheated it with a heat gun to get rid of most of the warpping.

Kind of dumb of try so hard for one helmet but the idea of saving it is worth the work IMHO.

The other helmets not so much...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Chugging right along, The trapezoid no longer have stripes, obviously the weathering process has begun.

I have order correct Aereators from TD-1549. As you can see I have tried to clone my smoke damaged bucket.

Which I still love.

I finished the canvas shoulder straps, which I went ahead and reinforced with a snap system that's hidden underneath.

I am going to do a full test fitting tomorrow with field pac. with hopes to have a decent sandy for a Foster Kid troop on Sat.

Posted Image

Posted Image

i feel ya man,,my storage unit burned up a while back while living out of state,,none of my armor was in there but all my toys and first set of drums that the ol man gave me,,my mom salvaged what she could and sent me pics,,at first it was hard looking at without getting sick but now its cool,,and at least your back up and running and looking good,,,cheers bro and am looking forward seeing complete .

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys.

I installed fans in the bucket, and did more detailing. I had a long day at work so I didn't get to do as much as I wanted but

at this point I can so close to being done that I am not worried in the least about being done by Saturday. I am too tired to take pictures but

I should have some tomorrow.

Simple salution to keeping cool and lenses fog free..

Two computer fans from Frys $6 each, these are the low profile type and will blow a large volume of air where you want it

Posted Image

AA battery holder $1.50 (this is the kind that has a 9v batterrie plug)

9v battirie plug $0.59 cents

Silicon pegs $4, these will keep the fans nice and quite which helps if you are using a mic

Pulled the negative and the possivite out of of the plastic fan plug and crimped the 9v battery plug

Industrial Velcro keeps everything where it should be,

Some hot glue and we are all done, note that the fans can also run with a single 9v battery for about 90 mins

I can right off 9v batteries so this is nice for me tho, rechargeables are always a nice touch

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The inside is not the pretties but it will keep you nice and cool and for not a whole lot of money

Still need to adjust a few things but I am at that " kids would never notice" phase.

But nothing more major then adjusting the peaces that pinch here and pinch there.

:D

also , i wore my ab peace too high as you can tell :mellow:

Posted Image

Posted Image

As you can see I forgot to wear my neck roll, shame on me

Posted Image

Tomorrow I will glue the forearms permanently together... and more weathering

Looking fwrd to Saturdays troop

Xavier, I'm glad you and your family are doing alright. I can't wait for the Lewis gun rebuild. It is indeed good to see you back up and running! If you ever make if out to Star Wars Weekends out here in Florida, let me know.

• 2 weeks later...