Sandtrooper Alley

Cool picture Art.

Here is a few more from there:

(i guess it was made in the UK)

Posted Image

Posted Image

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The inside dok 94 scene, was made in the UK.

Posted Image

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I guess only the out door shots, was from Tunisia:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What about the cantina, was that also taken in the UK?... or Tunisia:

Cheers :)

The Cantina Interior was shot in the UK. To the best of my knowledge, four scenes with the sandtroopers were shot in Tunisia: the opening desert scene, the roadblock scene, the scene outside the Cantina where the C-3PO and R2 see the stormtroopers about to enter the canina, and finally, the scene where the stormtroopers watch the Millenium Flacon blast off outside Docking Bay 94. All the other scenes were filmed in the UK.

Thanks for your reply Art.

I think the same thing, about the locations.

Can´t wait, to see your updated site asap buddy :)

I am working as fast as I can on it but the burn out rate is very high. There are so many changes from shot to shot and information is just not that good. Give me a few weeks and I should have something up. It will not be geared towards costumers as much as simply information (hopefully correct information) regarding what we are seeing in the movie. I hope that it helps future costumers choose and decide what they want their costumes to look like based off information regarding the troopers from the movie.

Without getting too deep into a rant, one of the things that really annoys me right now is the whole idea that the pauldrons truly signify some meaningful ranking system. Yes, I know Lucas asked for ranks and Mollo used the pauldrons to signify rank... but they didn't do it in any meaningful way. A seven man group (which is the most sandtroopers we ever see at once is nothing more than a "squad". It would have to be twice as large to qualify as a platoon. A squad is generally supervised by an NCO such as a sergeant. A platoon is generally led by a Lt with NCOs such as the sergeants under him. The idea of the orange pauldron trooper being a captain is utterly ludicrous considering the situation. A captain generally presides over a company (60-200 members). A company generally consists of 3-5 platoons and a platoon generally consists of 2-4 squads... so... a company, commanded by a Captain would consist of 6-20 squads.... And yet, we have TWO captains presiding over TWO sergents who are overseeing TWO PRIVATES.... come on... really? That is the WORST case of micromanagement I have ever seen!!!! OK, stepping off the soapbox.

I am working as fast as I can on it but the burn out rate is very high. There are so many changes from shot to shot and information is just not that good. Give me a few weeks and I should have something up. It will not be geared towards costumers as much as simply information (hopefully correct information) regarding what we are seeing in the movie. I hope that it helps future costumers choose and decide what they want their costumes to look like based off information regarding the troopers from the movie.

Without getting too deep into a rant, one of the things that really annoys me right now is the whole idea that the pauldrons truly signify some meaningful ranking system. Yes, I know Lucas asked for ranks and Mollo used the pauldrons to signify rank... but they didn't do it in any meaningful way. A seven man group (which is the most sandtroopers we ever see at once is nothing more than a "squad". It would have to be twice as large to qualify as a platoon. A squad is generally supervised by an NCO such as a sergeant. A platoon is generally led by a Lt with NCOs such as the sergeants under him. The idea of the orange pauldron trooper being a captain is utterly ludicrous considering the situation. A captain generally presides over a company (60-200 members). A company generally consists of 3-5 platoons and a platoon generally consists of 2-4 squads... so... a company, commanded by a Captain would consist of 6-20 squads.... And yet, we have TWO captains presiding over TWO sergents who are overseeing TWO PRIVATES.... come on... really? That is the WORST case of micromanagement I have ever seen!!!! OK, stepping off the soapbox.

Copy that 100%.

I have been thinking, the same thing for years.

It just don´t add up... at all.

And if so, where is the LT.

We are used to call them 2 privates/2 sergeants/2 captains.

I have been in the army too, and there for the 2 captains sounds strange to me too.

Maybe the ranks are on the ear caps, or blue helmet stripes...

Cheers :)

I don't know for sure, but I believe they are simply a painting to add depth to the alleyway.

Copy that.

I guess its only the alley, there are a real made stage.

The Painted/photo drop stairs, i guess are add in to make it looks like a real city.