My armour weathering so far

motokokusanagi86

My armour is not finished yet. I have to add canvas shoulder straps, maybe belt, ab plate buttons, lewis blaster and fieldpack. These pictures are a bit out of date, so the lines you see in the trapaziods are no longer there. They have been replaced with decals although, i'm thinking of taking them off and painting them in.

This is how my weathering stands at the momment. So far I have only used black, but I think I will add some browns and sand tones soon. I like the grimy look for that star wars style. I used artists oil colour. Just painted it into the recesses and then wiped it off and smudged and moved it around. Because it's oil based paint, it takes a couple of days to dry, so you always have time to keep perfecting it.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I think it needs alot more weathering. At the momment it looks about as dirty as an Endor trooper or Biker Scout. :lol:

Good work so far!

And just as you say yourself, add some more earth colours.

I used the woodland scenics kit, great colours and all are water based so you can wipe them off easily when you did something wrong.

Also just as Ray and Iconoclasta say, it's all personal and less is more :)

• 1 month later...

....it's all personal and less is more :)

I will vouch what dutchy has said. It somehow have the subtle effect and at the same time give you lots of room to add additional layers here and there. That is why I weather mine from time to time. ;)