Screen Accurate handplate.

So, inspired by some of the recent proyects on Screen accurate handplates, I decided to try and make a pair for myself... So far, I have mmm acceptable (but not great) results. Heres is the process...

1. I first made the blue prints based on screen caps.

Posted Image

Posted Image

2. Then, used regular kids playing daugh (not play dough, sorry, dont know the real translation could it be plasticine), I made my models.

Posted Image

3. With dentist plaster (dont know if this is the right translation either) I made the molds.

Posted Image

Posted Image

4. Then, I used silicon (hot glue) to fill the cast and make the piece.

Posted Image

Posted Image

To be continued...

5. Paint

Posted Image

6. Straping

Posted Image

7. weathering

Posted Image

8. And then, attached to rubber gloves.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I know it is not 100% accurate, specially for the elastic part instead of glueing it to the glove, but... its still a prototype. And Im thinking of someway for me to use it with the rubber gloves and my regular ones too.

So, what do you think?

Am I going in the right direction?

Its home made and I don't have much experience with plastic and other industrial materials.. so...

I think it is a good first attempt.

Any suggestions?

THX...

Saludos...

Looks good to me Bro...The hand plate was one of the first molds I made for my kit,I used MDF to make my mold and didn't get the right curve shape to role over the hand (so i put a mug in the microwave with the the vacformed handplate on top,not to affective but a bit more curve to it now) I like the idea of hot glue though.

Edit

Would melting the glue sticks in a pan make for a smoother finish?

Looks good to me Bro...The hand plate was one of the first molds I made for my kit,I used MDF to make my mold and didn't get the right curve shape to role over the hand (so i put a mug in the microwave with the the vacformed handplate on top,not to affective but a bit more curve to it now) I like the idea of hot glue though.

Edit

Would melting the glue sticks in a pan make for a smoother finish?

THX bro...

I still need to find out how to make it better, so... Ill make a second and maybe third version of this. I have been told that melting the glue sticks on the stove could be an option, but if not donely correctly, the glue will burn on the bottom and stay solid on top... Im thinking of giving a try anyway...

Will post results.

Saludos..

Even if not 100% accurate - what can be cooler than you made it for yourself? How many people can say this?

I say amen to that !!

Really a nice job m8..now you have your own personal thing B) !!

Grtz RAY

THX a lot... I do enjoy making my own stuff, and am proud of wearing it!! (even if its not great)

I just love this hobby!

Saludos!