Davin Felth - Take Two

Art Andrews

Another quick update on scaling the strips. I have come up with 0.75" for the front of the shins and 1" for the rear of the shins. I am still struggling to determine the width of the stips on the thighs... I think they are either 0.875" or 1"... leaning toward 0.875, but just not sure at this point. If anyone has thoughts on this, I am open to suggestion.

Just to clarify Art the UK is unique in the fact we use both Imperial and Metric. Imperial measurments in the 70's would have been very common as even today all timber comes as imperial sizes 2x4" etc. The makers of the suits then would probably have used imperial rather than metric.

Just to clarify Art the UK is unique in the fact we use both Imperial and Metric. Imperial measurments in the 70's would have been very common as even today all timber comes as imperial sizes 2x4" etc. The makers of the suits then would probably have used imperial rather than metric.

Thanks for the clarification! Of course, I could be off by just a bit, and these could be metric... but they sure seem to fall in line with some larger imperial measurements.