Leadership

TD5374

I was advised via quite a few emails that there have been some problems about the DL not returning emails and such. As the prior DL, and the one who worked VERY ******* this group when it was "dead", can you guys please let me know what is happening. I have been away from the group and trooping in general due to SEVERE back problems. Im back online at LEAST once every few days and so on.

I also have written Bama to check on how he is and will be in touch on this issue. Bama was instrumental in getting the MEPD back up and running when I was strugling to get it done, so bear with him if he is having some problems getting online. We ALL have them from time to time. We will get it all figured out and running tip top again!! After all... We are the few, the proud, the dirty sumbiaotches!!! Thanks!

Joe Musso

Deployed to Earth, Colorado sector

Lieutenant-- MEPD

Hey JOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What 's up my friend??? I'm so happy to hear from you! I am sure I speak for many when I say that WE MISS YOU BROTHER!

I believe that there's several "sandies" out there who can't wait to get "deployed" status on this site and they're just wondering when that might happen...(I know I'm looking forward to it!)

I'm no webmaster but I'd be more than happy to assist you guys in any way possible. Even though I' m stationed way over here in Hawaii, I do log on at least once everyday to see what's up so I'm willing to help where needed. Take care my friend. Hope to hear from you again real soon.

Aloha & God bless.

Guns

I have contacted Bama twice offering help in getting people deployed, and expressing concern that the detachment was not being attended to. He has read my mails, but has not responded, and it has been well over a month since the first comm. If someone cannot fulfill their duties in a command position, they should step down and let someone else fill in that can accomplish something. And to prove I'm not just bitching about something that I won't do anything about, I would be willing to step into any position necessary if duty calls...

Sorry for falling off my Dewback back there guys, I’m just now getting back into the saddle and apologize for the lack of response these past two months…

It turns out my email account at mail.com expired and they have me back as a nonpaying user with free limited email, so apparently I’ve been bouncing emails from yahoo groups and others all summer. ( you can also now reach me at bamatrooper@gmail.com ) … Plus I’ve been a little more attentive to the new Clonetrooper detachment ( http://clonetrooeprs.net) where I am the detachment XO, as it has needed my resources much more than this established group, and now has consumed them even more. Not to mention, I’m still a Garrison CO and have been fairly active in the Legion Council with all these LCO “issues” that also demand what is left of my free time..

With all of this said, it is my first duty to serve the Legion, not to be a boat anchor. I am wearing too many hats when we have a very ample group of members who can step up and share the load. … I took over the MEPD from Joe at exactly this time last year, just before DragonCon, and I would be up for giving someone a battlefield promotion now, or waiting until the Legion election time at year end. I do not plan to run for DL of the MEPD next year, as I have served my tour of duty and would like to see the detachment continue with another person as DL next year, as everyone brings something different to the group.

I’m always a Dirty trooper in heart and soul and always will participate here, so I’m not going anywhere, but I realize that I can’t devote all of the time needed to all of the things that I want to do, so I’ll eventually be stepping back into the ranks with the rest of you dirty boys and girls, and letting someone else ride up front for a while…

As for open business, we do need to address the “deployed troopers” status and gallery soon though, as that well-intentioned project has all but stopped. Josh has done great work with the site, but the process for verifying deployed status, obtaining pics, editing pics, and getting them up to Josh, was lacking and unclear to some. JOsh has posted a new thread

http://www.sandtrooper.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=514 to get the ball rolling again...

I have had no luck with my patch maker getting our logo into a workable patch for a decent price. Either the costs are higher than 3.00 each, or the graphic is too fuzzy looking, the font is too small, etc.. I’ve heard from a couple of other troopers who are wanting to run with the patch project, so after checking a few references, I’ll see about approving one of them to get them done asap…..

To make it up to you guys for my slacking this summer, any MEPD member at Dragoncon who catches me at one of the cantina’s, I’ll buy you a drink!

-Joey

205-908-6195

Joey, REAL glad to see that everything is OK with you! If you need help, just let us know as the Dirty at heart are ALWAYS there to lend a gloved hand......

If you need someone to say, do deployed pics, or whatever, do NOT feel that you cant give that job off to someone else...

If you remember right, when I became DL I had you AND Kevin saddled with jobs that were, technically, "above your rank" as members of the Detachment. Saying that, if you need help, I will do whatever you need, and I know there are MANY peeps in here that I trust do do things right!!

"With honor in my heart and dirt on my armor I step into the desert...."