My new TE2 Helmet

iconoclasta_88

I've been working in my helmet for a while now. I wanted to make it a Move Along but since I want it to use it for trooping, I looked for it being comfortable too. So I was not able to make it 100% screen accurate. Specially on the inside.

I have not finished it yet, Im missing the lenses and the hovi's, but I will add them soon. Also need some work on the inside adding some padding and some electronics but, wanted to know what you thought so far...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

What do you think?

Saludos

Hey!

THX you all for word words!

Specially THX to Tony for making such amazing helmet, Mike A for putting it together, for the super amazing TD decals and for the tutorial over the FISD, and everyone over here for the info, shared tips and ideas...

Did you humbrol hand paint all the details, or used MikeĀ“s stickers on it as well.

I used Mike's Move Along decals for the tube stripes and grey vents (they are just perfect)... and hand painted according to the Move Along Helmet the frown and ear caps, with testors 1138; and the vocoder with testors sating black.

I was not planing to go all the way and make the paint drops and scratches and all, but since my paint job was not that good, I ended up with a drop on the right side. I will just let it there and thats it.

I already have Stompers hovi's and screen accurate green acetate for the lenses... I just need to decide how am I going to instal it... and then: DIRT!

Here is a picture from the inside. I painted it black cause I think it makes it more real gearwise although I know it makes it less real propwise... But im planning to protect the signatures with some kind of clear spray or something... still thinking about that. And I will put some padding, an amp connected to the hovis and maybe an empires logo sticker or something... Still far from finished.

Posted Image

Saludos!

Thanks you all for all your comments. Im really happy with the helmet and hearing such good things on it its just great!

So last night I worked on the lenses. For this I used the green acetate film and also a clear plastic face shield to give it strength. So what I did was first cut the shield in the shape I wanted, and them attached the acetate with tape. It is provisionally taped to the helmet inside, but Im thinking how to make a better system.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The thing is that it doesnt seem to appear green, but I guess its like that most of the times. My old helmet looked blakish most of the times until I changed the lenses for a 100% bright green ones, but Im not planning to change these since its supposed to be the same material used in 1976.

What do you think?

Saludos

The thing is that it doesn't seem to appear green, but I guess its like that most of the times. My old helmet looked blackish most of the times until I changed the lenses for a 100% bright green ones, but I'm not planning to change these since its supposed to be the same material used in 1976.

Yeah... they shouldn't "look" green unless you really look at them. People in public should be always saying to you, "Oh... your lenses are green... ??"

Look at the pic in my sig for example.

Great score bro!! :lol: Congratulations for that!!

THX a lot Pappy!

Sweet helmet! I need to ask you ...did you paint the inside before you built the helmet or after you built it? And what kind of paints did you use.

THX Sandman!

I painted the inside after the helmet was already put toguether by Mike A.

The paint is just regular gloss black spray paint. I just masked the parts I didnt wanted to get painted (signatures, frown, eyes) and the outer part aswell... And then did the same thing but the other way around, masking the inside and the eyes and frown from the inside. I also masked the openings between the face and dome and around the ears.

Hope this helps...

Saludos.

Great job! Cant wait to see the weathering job! Good luck!

Bro YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!! ha haha! Nice job on the lenses, love that! Looking forward to seeing it all done up but even clean it is kick ***! :)

Thanks a lot...

Ill be working on the weathering soon... and posting some pictures afterwards.

THX for all the comments and good vibe.

Saludos

Well, This is it I guess...

Yesterday I finished the weathering and this is how it came. I still have a few doubts on how it looks, but I will post in the weathering section...

Thanks a lot for all your comments, suggestions and compliments. They were great help.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

THX!

Saludos