Radio box effect by Scootch

Scootch

My first pack build has been so much fun, I can't wait to do another! For the kiddies I added some spice to my radio box in the form of an illuminated tuner. Nothing fancy here, just a B&W copy of the PDF that I found earlier (Thanks MH), some plexiglass, top of a water bottle, a couple AA Batteries and a green LED.

post-1792-1232124647_thumb.jpg

I cut a hole the size of the gauge in my radio faceplate, epoxied a piece of plexiglass to the back. squirted some hairspray on the front and stuck my PDF to that, dabbed some hot glue and stuck my gauge glass on. (still have some work to do to finish off the front). I made a flashlight cone out of a water bottle by cutting it to my specs, then priming the inside, then shooting it silver, I wired up a double AA battery holder and ran it off one of my toggles to the LED. Used a couple dabs of hot glue to hold it in place so I can remove it later if need be.

How do you get back into the box? I used some of my Neodymeum magnets both in the face plate and the main radio box and also added a lanyard in case it ever came loose (it shouldn't).

All that's left is weathering! ;)

I hope you guys like my little special effect.