Paint Protection Spray

Ph1l2007

Hello Everyone,

I have just made a tremendous investiment in a great set of armor, and comissioned a fellow MEPD member do a fantastic weathering job for me. Now I want to preserve my investiment and make my weathered TD armor more perminant. I understand that hairspray is the most commonly used solution to prevent the Fuller's earth from rubbing off due to handeling, but I was wondering if it would be possible to somehow apply some kind of professional (automotive or otherwise) paint protector spray to a suit of armor to further protect the weathering against scratches, heavy handeling, moisture etc...

Has anyone else thought of, or performed this to their armor before? Are there any products you think would do the job? Can you share any other thoughts you have about this?

-Phil

Hello Everyone,

I have just made a tremendous investiment in a great set of armor, and comissioned a fellow MEPD member do a fantastic weathering job for me. Now I want to preserve my investiment and make my weathered TD armor more perminant. I understand that hairspray is the most commonly used solution to prevent the Fuller's earth from rubbing off due to handeling, but I was wondering if it would be possible to somehow apply some kind of professional (automotive or otherwise) paint protector spray to a suit of armor to further protect the weathering against scratches, heavy handeling, moisture etc...

Has anyone else thought of, or performed this to their armor before? Are there any products you think would do the job? Can you share any other thoughts you have about this?

-Phil

wal-mart makes a clear acrylic spray found in the hobbie section it works great on ABS,HIPS,STYRENE... its like 3.00 a can but the can is big

i would assume there are lots of possibilities to protect the paint/weathering...

the main problem will be to keep the dusty authentic look without getting too shiny on the "sealed" weathering if using any kind of spray paints .

(i hope that makes sense, to explain those things sometimes is beyond my english capabilities... :blush: )

i would assume there are lots of possibilities to protect the paint/weathering...

the main problem will be to keep the dusty authentic look without getting too shiny on the "sealed" weathering if using any kind of spray paints .

(i hope that makes sense, to explain those things sometimes is beyond my english capabilities... :blush: )

Yup..true Rocko, when you want to stay authentic, better stay away from the glossy sprays..