What kind of ammopouche ?!

I have been looking at this pouch, for a few years now :mellow:.

Searching the ebay dead for it.

The most look a like, i have found.

Is the ww2 Japan doc pouch.

Here you go:

http://cgi.ebay.com/WW2-Japanese-REAR-AMMO...%3A4%7C294%3A50

As far as i know, its only the private trooper here in the pic there wear the pouch in ANH.

No other troopers wears it.

Cheers :) .

Indeed bro..it looks very closed to the one the private sandie is wearing !!

Posted Image

But looking closer to the TD picture it looks like the flap falling more over the ammopouche and the sealclip is smaller and stitched under the top flap ?!

Thoug this looks really closed bro !

Grtz RAY

Thanks bro.

Yours looks much closer, then mine.

Only one thing missing on yours, the sides have a be there from the closing flap.

On yours, the flap goes up the where the hole is whit out no flap sides.

The ANH one are more flap straight.

Keep up the good work bro, you are very close to finding the beast :D .

Thanks bro's ! As looking more tho the picture you can clearly see the ammopouche looks like it's in the shape of a box ! As i have mark with the yellow dots. Also you can see two leather belts stitched on it (see red arrows) ! I'm sure the ones we have founded so far are not the right one though <_< ! It really looks more like a little ammobox.

Posted Image

I keep searching bro's ! Must have this ammopouche /box !

Grtz RAY

• 5 weeks later...

I just stumbled across this little fellow..

When you look closely at the screencapture you can also see the 2 small flaps at the back of the pouch, the same you see on the one I found....

Posted Image

I also found some pictures of pouches that were used in the american and spanish civil war.

But the one shown above is getting sooooooo close B)

Even so I am seriously thinking that it's 2 smallpouches or a combination of that kind.

Well I had seen a German made pouch so I grabbed it and did some comp shots to a couple others. At first glance your trooper looks to be wearing some sort of rifle ammo pouch so I have here the pouch I just picked up (Black) on the left with the following markings: MAX STELZER 66 BERLIN BGS It measures approximately 7" wide, by 7" tall, by 1" pocket. Each of it's two pouches are tapered to a point and each is 3-1/2" wide with a flap and strap closure with a stud underneath each pouch.

Posted Image

The tan colored pouch at top right is the standard WWII issue rifle cartridge pouch for the Kar 98 Mauser rifle.

The Dewback skinned Rifle cartridge pouch bottom right is standard issue Soviet WWII M1891-30 rifle cartridge pouch.

Here's a back view of these:

Posted Image

And the closeup of the markings for BGS:

Posted Image

OOOOps a little blurry! :rolleyes:

I wish there was a better picture of that pouch from ANH, for some reason to my eyes it looked like the split versions I have photos of. But then after looking at Dutchy's and a couple others, I'm not so sure. :unsure:

Forget Waldo.............Where's OTTO!!!?????

Posted Image

Posted Image

Aw well, I paid $16.08 for the thing and it's pre-weathered thanks to Otto (wherever he is) so if anyone wants it just pm me or I'll use it on my next TD. :D

One other thought.....is it possible the SS troops in WWII may have had Black rifle cartridge pouches like the tan one in my pix? That would make a nice one for the sandy I think. B)

Great score you made there bro on the pouches!! :peace:

The SS and having special stuff, you can count on that....

I will go to a kind of WW2 collectors event in belgium soon and what I've herad is that you can buy demilitarised weapons there and a lot of pouches.

But great that you also looked into this pouch, we all are so close...the only thing we need is a HD picture or screenshot of that pouch.. :blink: