San Diego Holiday Bowl Big Bay Balloon Parade

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO 2008 San Diego Star Wars Society , 501st , Dented Helmet at San Diego Big Bay Balloon Parade

Posted Image

This was one fun troop. Huge Balloons and the crowd loved us.

I did have a funny moment when I wore my MR CE for the 1st time and didn't compinsate for my neck seal and managed to get my helmet

WEDGED onto my face! I was stuck for 10mins with my lenses 3 inchs above my eyes!! It was super funny and I had to troop with no neck seal

thank god this happened an hour before the

parade. Also during the parade my right "guarder" that holds my right thigh up snapped leaving just one thread holding the whole peace on. will have to

upgrade to a stronger material/system

Any I uploaded my Tivo to youtube to share with everyone... I am in the last row by myself and you can only see me for .00000000001 secs.

More pictures to come...

Looks like someone on So. Cal got Ben's Chewie suit?

Yea Jay aka bleuknight bought it from Ben.

He's a great guy and did the suite justice.

From what he told me is that he is working on making the suite true chewie 1:1 scale!

Its my 2nd time seeing this suite and its still makes me wish I had the talent Ben has to make one.

Great event you attended Xavier, but hey..no BFG??? :blink:

Yea my bad!

I had 3 hours of sleep, got up super early and forgot to pack it in my suv.

I felt 1/2 naked with out it but it was kind of nice to just walk and wave at people.

Even my wife who was watching on TV said, "I didn't see you in the parade"

When I told her to look next too the couch and notice that my T-21 was laying next to it she said " OH! that's why I didn't recognize you!"

Funny how that gun has become my trademark and people associate it with my armor.

• 2 weeks later...