Charging handle MG34

Does anyone have a picture of the charging handle assembly for the MG34? I'm done with the DLT-19 conversion on my Hyperfirm and wanted to add the charging handle. A lot of the pictures on the older threads are all "x" or deleted photobucket pictures.

Thanks.

Thanks guys. All those pics are great. My plan so far: I have 1/2" square tubing. This will fit in the existing recessed area. I got 3/4" round steel tubing for the handle. Once I study the pics and figure out how I'm going to make it, I'll cut it up and get it welded together. My idea, as of now, is to set round rare earth magnets down into the gun inside the channel. The assembly will be metal and will stick to the magnets. This will allow it to be removable for travel. As of this moment it's an idea. I'm going to hit the garage and try to get this done.

Thanks for ter pictures.

What sort of photos do you need?

Does this series of photos help? http://www.gunpics.net/german/mg34/CGN/

(Can also be seen on this post at militaryphotos.net)

Hi bas ;) - Maybe you remember me from the Red Orchestra forums back in the days (Solitaire).

Nice to see you again! Too bad you don't have a MG15 :D

Hi bas ;) - Maybe you remember me from the Red Orchestra forums back in the days (Solitaire).

Nice to see you again! Too bad you don't have a MG15 :D

Hi Solitaire, good to see you again :) The internets too small a place ;-)

Agreed on the MG15, actually there's quite a few more guns I'd like to get my hands on :D I hope to get my hands on a Lewis to photograph but every weekend something else crops up :(

Thanks guys. All those pics are great. My plan so far: I have 1/2" square tubing. This will fit in the existing recessed area. I got 3/4" round steel tubing for the handle. Once I study the pics and figure out how I'm going to make it, I'll cut it up and get it welded together. My idea, as of now, is to set round rare earth magnets down into the gun inside the channel. The assembly will be metal and will stick to the magnets. This will allow it to be removable for travel. As of this moment it's an idea. I'm going to hit the garage and try to get this done.

Thanks for ter pictures.

Craig

You can make a great looking one out of a cheap cut down socket ratchet

sprayed up black and a light bit of sanding they look pretty darn nice :)

Posted Image

Hope this helps mate

I finished it, but it won't have any knurling on the handle. It needed to be steel, and I thought I might have trouble with tools that are "hardened." I had to cut the back off the tube, it was too thick and stuck out past the edge. I used studs from my stud gun for the "rivets" or whatever they are. I drilled and sank a stack of 2 earth magnets into the body. They sit in a puddle of CA glue then I used the really thin CA glue to absorb aoround them before kicking them off with accelerator. Not super accurate, but good enough for me. It kept me busy for a few hours, which means I wasn't snacking and getting fatter. :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

A big A+ from here buddy ;) .

Love the look of it.

I try some time back, on my HF MG34/DLT-19 too whit hips plastic.

But in the end, a no go for me.

I hope Sci-fire.

Will make some add kits, to modify there beautiful MG34/Lewis gun weapons to ANH one day.

Cheers :) .