Update my pac

I have decided to update my pac..

I already added a new radiobox ( I know the knobs are black but I kind of like them silver) and a new upper box with two new video monitors

I am going edit the new MEPD MP3 chatter into the one of the videos as well as new video content....

As well as fine tune the weathering

Also will be adding faust cover and other items..

More to come

SHORT YOUTUBE VIDEO CLICK ON THIS TEXT

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

small update Added Stinger box

Will be moving upbox to the right side (hence unplugged cable tube) and will be adding oil filter on the left

I still do not know about adding a water bottle/wipe container as I kind of like what I have now.

I will also be finally weathering my pack for reals

But I am torn as I want to keep this as much my own creation and still look relatively canon.. more to come

Posted Image

Posted Image

Your pack looks great Xavier! It may not be "canon" but I think there's some room for customization, as I'm sure that would occur during deployment.

You may want to drill out the holes in the radio speaker to add just a little more detail. Totally up to you.

By the way, those knobs go to 11!!!

Charlie

Your pack looks great Xavier! It may not be "canon" but I think there's some room for customization, as I'm sure that would occur during deployment.

You may want to drill out the holes in the radio speaker to add just a little more detail. Totally up to you.

By the way, those knobs go to 11!!!

Charlie

Dude the knobs are at 11 on purpose!! I am so glad someone got that joke.

Thanks,

Yea I have been debating whether to drill holes into the radio box and I agree it will look better with them drilled out

I really need to work on the weathering on the top video monitor box beacause the flash makes the weathering look bad..

but under normal lighting and with both radar video monitors and side plasma light turned on it looks waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better :)

Here is what I did today I added an 'oil filter' painted the center tube/antenna ( I personally do not like the look of

bigger wipe containers) so I went with something that would look like a high gain antenna.

Also on the radio box instead of painting the checker circle I cut two peaces to abs plastic to add texture..

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...

As I countinue tweeking my pack... yes I am OCD! lol

One of the most common questions I have is what do you have in that thing??

Well its very simple

I have an ipod, PSP, plasma disk and a LENMAR UNIV POWER PACK 5V LI-ION USB battery.

The Lenmar power pack is conected to a 4-1 USB hub and is good for 8 hours.

This is on top of the units own batterys which run 2-4 hours on there own.

The Lenmar can also recharge my cell phone as I troop and can power/recharge the fans in my helmet simultaneously.

The box that contains them is pretty water proof which is bonus.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Minor update I drilled out the radio box and I will be repainting it and weathering to be all but done with my overhaul update.

Posted Image

**** bro you're like a walking electronics shop! Freakin awesome! I bet the kiddies nut up over that pack.

Kiddies???

I swear Xavier, you must have frequent builder miles at Radio Shack!

Thanks you guys.

I was actualy going to use dry ice to have a smoke effect but I think its illegal in Calfornia to do that, something about dry ice bomb law or something.

As far as the kids geeking out it kind of breaks down like this, kids love the T-21 and adults like the pac.

Go figure!

In fact the guys from Reno 911 paid tribute to it at last years SD Comic-Con before I upgraded it (look to see if you can spot TD-433 minus his armor and his cute daughter making a cameo)

Pack @ min 1:46

Thanks you guys.

I was actualy going to use dry ice to have a smoke effect but I think its illegal in Calfornia to do that, something about dry ice bomb law or something.

As far as the kids geeking out it kind of breaks down like this, kids love the T-21 and adults like the pac.

Go figure!

In fact the guys from Reno 911 paid tribute to it at last years SD Comic-Con before I upgraded it (look to see if you can spot TD-433 minus his armor and his cute daughter making a cameo)

Pack @ min 1:46

Speaking of bro, we got to get planning on this years con!