original neck seals

G'd evening brothers

Seems I can't find any discussion about how and what regarding the original neckseals

Such as materials,attachments,rib amount(my guess is no less than 10 :) ),etc,anything.

It'll be great if we could nail this one.

Cheers from the far side :salute:

Pappy

I think you'll find they probably used two types, Stunt and Hero :)

Here's Han in an hero with 9 ribs at the front and 14 at the back

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think I've got some photos of the background guys without their lids somewhere

I'll take a look when I get home and post them up :)

Nice one bro,I'm always curious,the material looks like leather,but if it was leather,how can they slide in it? Without zippers or somewhat,can't wait to see those billhag.

So...the ribs divided in two stunt and hero.

heard that somewhere on something but don't know where,hmmm.....let me check :lol:

i dont know if youve seen this on the FISD boards but this neckseal is great,,,i have one and love for cannon events...but if your trooping and want comfort i would go with something a little more flexable...but i really like mine now that its getting broke in..hope this helps...cheers

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=5355&hl=

Wow,no I haven't seen it before,indeed it looks similar in anyway. No,I'm a rubber gloves kinda guy bro,interested anything that canon,and want to find out about it :D.

You had one? Bet it was not leather,salute to the maker also :salute:

Anything related will do bro,and indeed it opened my eyes already :D thanks

Pappy

I couldn't find the ones I was thinking about but heres a few more

Posted Image

Posted Image

Its hard to say what the originals were made of but the hero's do look like they could be leather

or vinyl.I don't think they were zipped, it looks more like the back joined together with velcro

I have a couple of Steve's (Riveting-FISD) and they are without doubt the most accurate neck seals

you will ever find.The outer ribs are made of leather and the inside is soft cotten.

I've trooped in mine and never had any problems with it :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

For anyone who might be interested in one he is doing a third a finale run on these little

beauties over on the FISD. Don't miss this chance they really are that good B)

I think the original neck seals for the stormtroopers were from dive suits. I have bought four different versions and none are a 100% match. One of them is close but the ribs are less pronounced. I think the neck seals may be from deep sea dive suits rather than regular dive suits because every seal I bought was the largest availbe and still choked me and I only have a 17" neck. You can find these on ebay, and all you need to do is cut the bib into shreads and it looks exactly like the ones in the photo Billy posted. The hero neck seals are obviously custom made.

I dig you billhag :lol: I dig

No probs bro,any picture is always a treasure,looking at the 1st picture(trooper on the left),is it possible that they don't just slap the 'legs',the shape is always the same,and always firm(from my eyes :rolleyes: ).

Copy that bros,seen the link from darkhammer(thanks man),I don't think I could made it,lot of 'beasts' post their interest already(and I'm not a member on FISD :rolleyes: )

Hi TM,yeah! That would be plausible too,is it the ol' deepwater dive suits with a steel helmet on it (d you guys know the first time I saw those? Tintin :lol: :lol: red rackham is a blisterring barnicels :lol: need a head like steel)

Uh....found it already Billy :rolleyes::lol:

But here it is for all you other troops,

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?show...amp;#entry69080

Get 'em while they're hot!! :D

:D

Dutchy

You know what they say about toooo many wheener nights? :blink:

Posted Image

:D

Glad you found it mate, and you are go to love it when you get it :)

Interesting what Paul said about the dive seal. That makes a lots of sense when you think

about it because they tended to use a lot of existing stuff and adapt it to their needs.

if it looks right, then lets use it philosophy.

This sort of info makes you appreciate what the supporting actors had to go through to give

us the thing we love so much even more.

Imagine it, sweltering hot lights or the Tunisia sun, dressed head to toe in plastic, and possibly

a neoprene or rubber neck seal, and having to run around for hours with old World War 2 guns

that weigh a ton :blink:....and still trying and put in a good performance without conking over

on the spot ......GEEESEE!, you've just got to love those guys B)

Hey Dutchy......HOT BEER?!? :lol: :lol: ,can you add me for 1 of those pleeeease J? pleeeease :mellow: :mellow:

Wiener or no wheener,both are definitely longer than i can possibly imagine :lol: :lol:

I love that philosophy man,used that for my backpack and always looking for possibilities on my cargo hold back home :blink:

**** yea,those guys can kick nuts!! .......................wrong i say? :blink:

Hey Dutchy......HOT BEER?!? :lol: :lol: ,can you add me for 1 of those pleeeease J? pleeeease :mellow: :mellow:

Wiener or no wheener,both are definitely longer than i can possibly imagine :lol: :lol:

I love that philosophy man,used that for my backpack and always looking for possibilities on my cargo hold back home :blink:

**** yea,those guys can kick nuts!! .......................wrong i say? :blink:

Consider it done bro'... B)

And yeah...too many wheener nights seem to influence my eyesight LOL!!

well J,hope your eyes still serve you well after,careful between wiener and finger :lol: :lol: and you're the man always bro,thanks,i'll PM'ed ya! B)

hey guys,after looking several neck seals on dive suits(old ones,though i cant find any ribbed ones), how 'bout latex instead of leather on the outside?

i dont know about materials much,but is it works like rubber or not? If it does,we dont need any velcros

and how about some elastic(very dark grey/black) for straping? from the pics it looks like they used strap on it :unsure:

wiener or no wiener

we are the wiener my friieeeends :o