New guy's weathering....good or bad?

bountyone

Hey guys, I posted a little info about me in the "introduction" thread. I'm another new guy hoping to achieve MEPD deployment status with my first TD suit. I use an FX set of armor and an AP bucket. I went a little different route to weathering my armor using just Satin enamel rattle cans with the sponge and plastic bag for effect. I then used a very light Acetone wash. some of you may cringe at the very idea doing it this way but I think it looks awesome in person. Please tell what you think............

I am waiting to take suited up photos til my pack arrives Thursday.

Thanks,

Ben.

post-1869-1227066223_thumb.jpg

Thanks Scootch. yeah, that won't be rubbing off any time soon :lol:

I weathered the boots the same as the armor, just spray a little of the paint on a sponge mixed with a little acetone and dampen. gives it a real nice weathered look.

Thanks Scootch. yeah, that won't be rubbing off any time soon :lol:

I weathered the boots the same as the armor, just spray a little of the paint on a sponge mixed with a little acetone and dampen. gives it a real nice weathered look.

Does anyone have any extra belt Canvas for sale, I need to switch these out. please PM me if you do.

Try to contact Firebladejedi, he sells great canvas belts in two colors B)

what about the crotch? i thought the "hand" should be removed?? :unsure:

nice touch btw,great alternative for weathering,and thanks for the info....i found that fuller's are hard to get around here(my country) :(

**UPDATE*** Finished my suit this weekend in time for a Parade we did here in San Diego. That's me on the far right w/ orange pauldron.

http://s382.photobucket.com/albums/oo263/t...nt=PB231595.jpg

http://s382.photobucket.com/albums/oo263/t...nt=PB231596.jpg

Great pictures :) ! Looks like the two other troopers got them self new pauldrons ?! You got some close up pics also..specially of the bucket ?!

Thanks for sharing B) !

Grtz RAY

Actually TD-443 had a great idea of us three rocking different colored 's pauldrons for the Mother Goose parade here in San Diego.

And Boutyone's armor looks great!

He even even added a little blood to his helmet before the two mile hike.....

:)

That's right Jesus, Eddie had the idea that we should wear different pauldrons in the Parade and man did we look good! I felt like a rock star walking down Main Ave. I had chicks running at me for hugs and photos. We worked the crowd pretty well. Jesus posted earlier that there where 150,000 people who lined the streets and when we made our appearance, both adults and children ran out from everywhere to get there picture taken with us. Eddie's girlfriend has more photos of the event which I'm sure he'll post in the event section soon. It was a pleasure trooping with both Eddie and Jesus, what a day! here's looking forward to many events with you guys.............

Ben-