The Field Backpack of TD 1668

Roy Starkiller

For the passing years, some Asian 501st asked my opinion about field backpack.

I custom made my backpack in the year of 2003, following the "Marmit" style. I used metal frame from

vintage Alice military backpack with found objects and cast plate.

My back pack was heavily damaged by typhoon during the Asian 501st joint trooping event of last year. Last month, I had repaired the pack and took pictures for reference.

Welcome by provide opinions.

________________________________________________________________________________

________

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

________________________________________________________________________________

________

Thanks of compliment, dutchy.

The reason I choose metal frame of Alice backback is because I consider it is the actual base that used as the actual movie props of Sandtrooper backback. The base of backpack that Hoth rebel soilder used is the frame of medium size Alice backpack.

Posted Image

Posted Image

If thats the case, then its very easy to determine the size of trays that need to construted a movie accurate size of backpack.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! Bro. Yen. Thanks of compliment.

You can take a closer look from my update picture shown above that I did some natural weathering job on my backpack. Consider the actual movie scene while all the "Marmit style" backpack didn't have "sand bath" of yellow nor brown mud attached, I decide keep out from the sand storm. Maybe I will brush some light dark grey at the corner and turning area for a much weathering look but I have to check back the HD movie still in advance for further confirmation.

P.S.

I just troop with two brotherhoods of TD from your unit.