What StarWars books do you read?

Short TRooper

:mellow:

Do any of you guys out there read the Star Wars books that are on the market....I don't mean the paperbacks.

I mean the hard cover novels like "The Death Star"...."Allegiance".. and the newest novels, "The Clone Wars" and "Order 66". The lady in the bookstore said a lot of people didn't like the Clone Wars book...and Order 66 was being bought more than that one. I hope to get a copy of "Order 66" next month but i want some feed back about it first.

The Clone Wars didn't really turn me on to read it but i am curious about the "Order 66" book.Any one read it yet?

I do have a few other books that deal with star Wars in a faith related manner I.E. "Star Wars Jesus" and "Christian Wisdom of the Jedi Masters." That i have read that are very good..i do have some childrens books that are great, especialy the pop up book! I used the "You Can Draw Star Wars" book to teach my 14 year old art when she was home schooled.

Thanks!

Short Trooper (Diana)

What's wrong with paperbacks? ;) They are the same books, only in a smaller and more convenient package.

Anyways... I've read all of Timothy Zahns SW books, they're IMO the best there is! Kevin J. Anderson writes good as well, the same applies to Michal Stackpole and his X-Wing books.

My favorite has to be the short story about 501st in Allegiance, by Zahn. Even though the story is placed in the New Jedi Order era.

:)

Paperbacks are ok but the hardback novels seem to have a more deeper train of thought in the story and they last longer with the hard cover. Some of the Expanded Universe for SW I don't like as they don't keep to the Original first three movies to me. I am a die hard First Trilogy of movies fan , and anything that goes a bit awry from those three movies isn't Star Wars for me.

But i like the novels but also the hard cover informational books and the pop up books. The cut-a-way books are nice but they print them so small..i do like the DK SW children's dictionary's for kids as they seem to have more detailed pictures that some other books.

Short Trooper (Diana)

I enjoy reading "Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina" and it's a paperback :) Nothing wrong with paperbacks.

That is a good read as well as the "Tales from Jabba's Palace" and "Tales of the Bounty Hunters" paperbacks.

As for me I also read STAR WARS Graphic Novels and my latest acquisition is THE FORCE UNLEASHED, adaptation of the LucasArt video game. :duim:

I enjoyed the Clone Wars book much more than the movie. I'm fixing to read Order 66 as well. My all time fav's have to be the Rogue Squadron series or the Thrawn series though. The Vong wars books were....interesting and I just finished The Legacy of the Force series. I still dont know now I feel about LOTF. :blink:

The Clone Wars series that I have seen so far wasent bad...but I like the Original movies the best..The Death Star hardback book was a great read for me as it gave charactor and depth to those people who were on that ship leading up to the explosion of it in the end of A New Hope. It kind of gave you some thought on how they lived thier l ives on the Empire side and also how some aren't all what they seem and there were a few surprises an d twists and turns leading up to the point of Han, Luke, Chewbacca, Leia and Kenobi came aboard.

Allegiance was also a good read for me as it gave both sides of the Rebeelion and how some may have had second thoughts of what they were doing for the Empire.

I do want to get "Order 66" and read it during the winter months and see what happens in that.

i am not really intothe Expanded Univers yet and don't think I will as I grew up with the original 3 movies (A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back and REturn of The Jedi.)Now, Revenge of the Sith I will give credit to as it let us see how Darth Vader came to be and filled in some gaps.

Short Trooper (Diana)

The Clone Wars series that I have seen so far wasent bad...but I like the Original movies the best..The Death Star hardback book was a great read for me as it gave charactor and depth to those people who were on that ship leading up to the explosion of it in the end of A New Hope. It kind of gave you some thought on how they lived thier l ives on the Empire side and also how some aren't all what they seem and there were a few surprises an d twists and turns leading up to the point of Han, Luke, Chewbacca, Leia and Kenobi came aboard.

Allegiance was also a good read for me as it gave both sides of the Rebeelion and how some may have had second thoughts of what they were doing for the Empire.

I do want to get "Order 66" and read it during the winter months and see what happens in that.

i am not really intothe Expanded Univers yet and don't think I will as I grew up with the original 3 movies (A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back and REturn of The Jedi.)Now, Revenge of the Sith I will give credit to as it let us see how Darth Vader came to be and filled in some gaps.

Short Trooper (Diana)

Start with Truce at Bakura. It starts literally 2-3 days after jedi. Its a good read too :D

Actually I don't read that much at the moment but I got this one, and that's good reading too :D

Posted Image

B)

I have this book and it is great. Nice pics and good reading on what happened on the sets and nice vintage pics of the actors and thier costumes back then.

good refrence photos too and maybe I can see how they wore thier armor back then.

I just bought a book on Amazon for $15.00 of the aliens animals of Star Wars. The cover looks and feels like Dewback skin and I have heard tha art work is superb. I can't wait to read it!

Short Trooper

• 3 weeks later...