Mped Quality Patch

TomG

When I look at Rolf´s pauldron I have idea. May be dumb, but anyway I will tell you. :)

We know that MEPD deployed armor needs besides armor itself more things to complete it and there are various propmakers. But only one of them is the best.

How about choose this the best one solution for every part and tell, this part is MEPD Quality Certified as award to selected propmaker, that he makes great stuff. Like Rolf with pauldrons or EVO with grapling hooks.

What do you think?

I think every prop maker should be acknowledged for making something well. It's always bugged me when prop makers say things like "my stuff is the best, better than anything else." There is a thing called modesty, and I highly respect that personal trait. Some props may actually be more accurate than others, but even still, there may be issues with availability and what looks relatively accurate to the consumer.

I don't know if the propmakers will be that enthousiastic when their names are in the open.

There is a thing called modesty, and I highly respect that personal trait. Some props may actually be more accurate than others, but even still, there may be issues with availability and what looks relatively accurate to the consumer.

I completely agree with this statement. It all depends on what the consumer finds accurate and/ or we of the MEPD find accurate or discuss about as being accurate. Also take notice of what Mike says about availability.

But making a guideline for props e.g. like where to find them or how to make them, is a great idea but there are enough topics where these matters are discussed.

But it is not about, what says propmaker, but what say customers/troops. There can be sometimes voting about this and propmaker can have in his topic info, that he was decorated with this patch for one year.

Patch that contains quality of product, price and availability. For us it is info what is the best and for propmakers advertisiment.

I think every prop maker should be acknowledged for making something well. It's always bugged me when prop makers say things like "my stuff is the best, better than anything else." There is a thing called modesty, and I highly respect that personal trait. Some props may actually be more accurate than others, but even still, there may be issues with availability and what looks relatively accurate to the consumer.

...For us it is info what is the best and for propmakers advertisiment.

It is, however, not all prop makers like to openly advertise. Remember, there are actual license holders out there and many prop makers are infringing on those licenses. Also, what is "the best" for one person may not necessarily be "the best" for another. A prop's material makeup and relative accuracy are things that the individual must choose between.

For example, someone might say a TE2 helmet is "the best", but someone else who likes a helmet made out of ABS might disagree just because it's made of HIPS.