My Suit So Far

supertrooper

As of late I have gotten a job and thus gained funding for more conversion of my suit. Currently The entire conversion time for my suit has taken me about a year off and on, usually during the summertime.

So far I have done the following:

*painted grey over the black lines in the teardrops and vents

*cutout the teeth in the frown and put in black screen, as well as painted the frown grey in replacement of the decal

*homemade sniper knee plate

*homemade mg34 out of wood and pvc

*obtained orange pauldron

*homemade two sets of magazine pouches out of pleather as well as additional magazine pouch for speaker

I also finally purchased my CaBoots, flat green lenses, neckseal, and a kneepate that is a little more professional looking

The only thing that I am missing now is the abplate conversion piece. I am fixing to turn 19 and have had my suit since I was 17 so I am pretty eager to finally get my Deployment.

Anyone that knows of a good abplate that fits the newer FX suits please forward info or point me in the right direction.

Thanks to everybody over the past 2 years for helping me find the right materials!!

SuperTrooper

------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE as of 9-5-08.....PICTURES FINALLY!!!!!

------------------------------------------------------

I finally got the guts to paint my suit....i started small with the handplate then could stop until i had covered the entire suit and added a few blaster marks here and there as well as my new \\\"trademark\\\" hand print

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sorry to all 56kers....im looking into editing the title for the post to add a warning

As of late I have gotten a job and thus gained funding for more conversion of my suit. Currently The entire conversion time for my suit has taken me about a year off and on, usually during the summertime.

So far I have done the following:

*painted grey over the black lines in the teardrops and vents

*cutout the teeth in the frown and put in black screen, as well as painted the frown grey in replacement of the decal

*homemade sniper knee plate

*homemade mg34 out of wood and pvc

*obtained orange pauldron

*homemade two sets of magazine pouches out of pleather as well as additional magazine pouch for speaker

I also finally purchased my CaBoots, flat green lenses, neckseal, and a kneepate that is a little more professional looking

The only thing that I am missing now is the abplate conversion piece. I am fixing to turn 19 and have had my suit since I was 17 so I am pretty eager to finally get my Deployment.

Anyone that knows of a good abplate that fits the newer FX suits please forward info or point me in the right direction.

Thanks to everybody over the past 2 years for helping me find the right materials!!

SuperTrooper

Personally I think cutting your own from your old belt (and upgrading to a fabric belt) is the best way to go. My $.02...

I got around to cutting the excess off of my belt and constructed the correct dimensioned ab plate that should be there. the only thing left for me to do is to take white silicone caulking and put a bead into the crevaces in between the layers and then smooth them out so that eventually through some weathering, i can hide the fact that i did the modification.

Ill post pictures soon i hope....if i can manage to get the girlfriends camera lol :)

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the advice. im not sure what you mean by wiping across the armor with a wrag though... like take some of the paint off? of put some on in a different way via a wrag?

i added brown and black "accent stains" around my wrists that fade as they go up, like ive been working on something or getting into the mix with some of the locals, and i added some brown that kind of sprays up the shins in the front and fades as well as a black with dirty edges lightsaber slash across the upper left side of my chest......what other colors would you recommend?

UPDATE ON MY BUCKET!!!

I got a speaker system for my helmet with the amp and everything and i love it because there are two different plugs, one for the mic to produce the sound out of the hovi mix mic tip speakers, and the other is to plug into the secondary jack so that i can hear stuff from the headphone that the mic boom is attached to. i then noticed that the jack is the same size as a standard headphone jack, so i plugged in the secondary heaphone jack into my ipod and vuala!!! i can now play music directly from my aerators at a pretty darn good quality!!!!!

the only thing left for my to do is download the starwars theme from itunes.....

and last but not least a question. i know that the update for mepd denotes that i have to have a helmet other than an FX. but id say my helmet looks pretty darn good considering!! that and i dont have the cash to build a another helmet.....my question....is my helmet an fx and if it is...you think they will be leniant when it comes to the new helmet rule?

thanks for the help and advice!!!

That's exactly what I mean, try to get a more random effect on your armor instead of all the "stripes" going in one way.

I did the the same thing too when I did my 1st weathering, but I took it off and went for the more random / less is more look.

Here you can see what I mean..

Posted Image

Posted Image

I used the woodland scenics kit, as a lot of troopers use. You can find more info on this and how to over here at the weathering topic:

http://www.looksirdroids.com/

:duim:

I did some additional weathering to my suit, however i fear it may be too dark now...it looks super cool but thats just me.

and as for the "bantha poo" thats actually a handprint on my face....inspiration drawn from the handprint on the human-orc cross things in the lord of the rings....thought it added personality

• 3 weeks later...

still waiting on green lenses

i think what you should get is a visor(either acetate or anything elses) rather than lenses,if screen accurate is what you've try to achieve :duim:

apart from that,i think the 'personality' idea is a good one......it gives you a unique mark among others

keep on going lad ;)