HIGHER RES. Youtube link ---->

Sandtrooper Field Pack 1

Or click

Posted Image

HIGHER RES. Youtube link ---->

Sandtrooper Field Pack 2

Or click

Posted Image

I have had a few request for more info on my field pack.

It has a video screen the displays imperial text and several radar screens.

I edited the video myself and added probe droid audio samples that loop.

I added distortion to the video to simulate an old analogue signal that breaks in and out ( I thought a clean video would not look as good)

( I used probe droid audio because I figured that the empire would use them for re conn in tandem with some troopers)

The video itself last 3 mins and I simply have it looped in my pack and will play for hours.

I attached a small ipod speaker to the right of the video box that runs on AAA batteries.

Its loud enough to be heard under most circumstances.

I use a simple video ipod but I do have a psp that I may use for it larger screen.

Like all my mods I am never truly done with them. and I still have more ideas up my sleeve.

Inside the radio box is a green plasma screen.

I wanted to have a power supply effect.

The original radio box was see through, I added a metal mesh box and then painted the radio box black.

This left the space under the metal mesh see through witch allowed the plasma disk to shine right through.

As you can see this is a very simple Pack Mod. That while not canon it tends to make alot of people do a double take and thats fine with me ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The insides showing audio chord.

The flash kind of makes it look ugly will prob retake some pictures tomorrow.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is the full video

Posted Image

feel free to download and edit if you are into this kind of thing.

To download click below

DOWNLOAD

• 2 months later...

If you want my two sense about the whole canon vs. non - canon deal:

The reason why I like dressing up as a stormtrooper is to spur people's imagination (and my own) about what it would be like if people (stormtroopers) from another galaxy and technological erra really DID show up on earth. What would it be like? Obviously, a real stormtrooper would be comparable to a US marine or army soldier, and well, they would carry gear that actually works, and displays information and stuff! So in my opinion mods like this really capture the spirit of what I think Lucas envisioned troopers to be and the kind of equipment they would carry if that makes sense ;)

• 1 month later...

Great mod Xavier. This has spurred my imagination on to do my portable generator backpack for my Lewis. As long as people love it, I'm all for it, canon or not!

what program did you put that short video together with?

Great mod Xavier. This has spurred my imagination on to do my portable generator backpack for my Lewis. As long as people love it, I'm all for it, canon or not!

what program did you put that short video together with?

Thanks ,

I used Sony Vegas Pro 8 ... but for simple editing I usually just use Quicktime.

I am all for Canon but think there is always going to be wiggle room for ones imagination to create inside the Star Wars universe.