Rt-mod Helmet Questions - Mics & Fans

JohnQTK5122

Hi All,

I'm this close to buying an RT-Mod helmet because I'm sick of not being able to move my head inside the FX helmet (it sits right on my chest and back).

I've read lots of good things about RT-Mod armor at FISD and I've looked at his site. I've emailed Rob a few times and he seems nice to work with.

I'm just wondering if anyone here has personal experience with putting fans inside an RT-Mod, and/or wearing a headset mic.

I've got a big head, like size 7 3/4 hat, so I'm a little concerned about having room for accessories inside the RT Mod.

I've looked at other helmets, too, but they are more expensive.

Thanks for any personal experience and pictures you can share.

John Q.

http://TK5122.com

whats up man,,i am in the same boat,,i just got done weathering my RT and am wondering where to put every thing as well,,i have a big head too and it is a tight fit but it sits so well,,plus rob is great,my first lid came up MIA and he sent me another ASAP,,great guy,,if you do some installation before me please post some pics and i will do the same...over

cheers

over..sshhkkk

I got the fans in no problem next to where the aerators are, with the switches and the batteries further back... I have bought Stompers speakers which I am going to be installing (at some point) rather than a headset mic as I had your concerns... I may end up swapping things around when I install the amp though... Sorry no pics yet...

Thanks, guys. If there is room for the fans, that's great news because I really like the extra air flow, as small as it is.

Do the sides of your helmet squeeze against your ears? If not, my headset should be okay, it is very slim.

What do you use to keep your RT-Mod helmet on your head, a hardhat helmet liner, a chin strap, something else, or nothing at all?

Anybody else have pictures of the inside of an RT-Mod with accessories?

I am in the same boat. I have a huge head and my FX with fans and head set with mic barley

fits....

I honestly can't imagine going any smaller then what I am using now.

I use a baseball helmet liner and my helmet does everything I ask it to do..

If there are better helmets that can fit me with fans, mic, etc I would like to read about it

i would like to know were you get the baseball padding???..i still have to pad the top...anyhoo this is all that i have done at the moment,,plan on rhino lining it and putting all the goodies in there but it is tight with my fat *** head.haha :lol:

i hope this helps a bit,,but now that the armor is on i have a hard time moving my head,,maybe its cause i have no neck..ha...gonna have to fix that before i troop or it will drive me crazy....

over...

Posted Image

Posted Image

i would like to know were you get the baseball padding???..

Where? Well you have to go to that one store full wretched hive, scum and villany

WalMart.. Just buy one of those $10 little league helmets. The foam expands when you take it out.

Use some velcro and you are done...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

cool Xavier ,, thanks,,are those bucketworks you got in there?? also ,,is the padding glued in there good or is it fairly simple to get out of the baseball helmet??

thnaks

I don't remember just know that its super easy to pull out.

You can velcro them into your helmet or just hot glue them. Couldn't be any easier.

And yea I they are buckworks from kevin over at

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=3513

http://www.501stforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17238

I mounted them using industrial velcro which makes them super quite.

It took my time mounting them and added a drop of super glue once I got them just right.

And they do a great job of keeping me cool and my lenses fog free.

Now my helmet fits like a glove and is super comfortable.

I don't remember just know that its super easy to pull out.

You can velcro them into your helmet or just hot glue them. Couldn't be any easier.

And yea I they are buckworks from kevin over at

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=3513

http://www.501stforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17238

I mounted them using industrial velcro which makes them super quite.

It took my time mounting them and added a drop of super glue once I got them just right.

And they do a great job of keeping me cool and my lenses fog free.

Now my helmet fits like a glove and is super comfortable.

got my baseball helmet today...and the padding was pretty easy to get out..rhino lining is drying right now..got some fans ordered and cant wait to see what i can rig up...i will post some pics in a day or two.

bey tha way there JOHN Q...that is a great lookin back pack...i will keep you updated on my RT helmet mod

from a big dude,,

over..

man i have no kind of patiences ,,went ahead and did her up after a couple of keystones ey..haha..she fits good but the room is still very tight for my fat head in an RT,,got fans on the way and cant wait to see where to place them,,,,next...a ROMFX system,,,woot woot....still gonna be tight but i will make it fit,,there is no try ,there is do and do not....there is no try,,...yyyeeessssss....

over.............

Posted Image

Posted Image

dryin the rhino lining..

Posted Image

remember to keep it on low and rotate ...

Posted Image

dont forget to use that ol knee plate for a brace..haha

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

fits "" LIKE A GLOVE ''''

Posted Image

over....

Working on my RT helmet tonight...Haveing the same problem of trying to find space. I have my amplifier, TCI static burst, and mic in right now. Used the white radio shack amplifier and a radio shack powered Mic. I am slightly concerned about mounting the TCi or the amplifier without a case to protect them and my noggin from contact/moisture. I pulled the heavy speaker out of the amp and mounted the white case and everything in between the areators.(need to get some sort of dampining material to combat feedback), the TCI box is going to mount in the left cheeck area. Mic will be mounted on the amplifier box right in front of my mouth. It is tight but everything fits, even my noggin. Still need to figure out how I want to mount my fans, and what padding I am going to use on the helmet. It actually sits directly on the top of my head. I will take pics and upload tonight.

Ernie

The advertised Pics

Showing overall view of voice system. Speakers are Stomper's mic tips

Posted Image

My wonderful wireing and the mic battery box

Posted Image

The TCI temperarily placed. checking fit and waiting till I find some dampening material

Posted Image

wow thats allot of hardware to stuff into a bucket!

but I think you might have forgotten the microwave oven

and the kitchen sink! ;)

are u adding fans on top of that??

It really wouldn't be that bad except for the enclosures...and yes I have a kitchen sink in there...its behind the left ear, the microwave is behind the right ear...Still working on the feedback problem. THat and my TCI is being tempermental.

Ernie

Still working on the feedback problem. THat and my TCI is being tempermental.

Ernie

After hitting the boards for a few weeks looking for the right speaker/mic combo it became aparent that most if not all helmet mounted speakers have feedback issues. :angry:

So I just went with the speaker in my right side pouch. It works great I can crank the volume up almost to 11 with virutualy zero feedback ever.

I am that there sure there are some great systems out there with plenty of volume but I just felt this was the best solution for me.

After hitting the boards for a few weeks looking for the right speaker/mic combo it became aparent that most if not all helmet mounted speakers have feedback issues. :angry:

So I just went with the speaker in my right side pouch. It works great I can crank the volume up almost to 11 with virutualy zero feedback ever.

I am that there sure there are some great systems out there with plenty of volume but I just felt this was the best solution for me.

Okay after further rethinking, I have checked the instructions(what are instructions) from TCI's website and found I can attach the speakers directly to the tci, no amplifier needed.

So the new set up is a little smaller.

Posted Image

To combat the feedback I sprayed the area behind the aerators with an expanding foam that appears to help with the feedback. I have the TCI cranked all the way up, its not a load speaker but it is audible.

TCI board and TCI enclosure: the board is small, but the enclosure isn't that big. I ended up cutting the battery cabinet off so that it would fit the way I want. The red and black wires on the left lead to the 9v connection.

Posted Image

Curious...

How do the fans work mounted flush against the bucket?

Do they pull enough cool air?

there in the ''dips'' on the cheeks,,i cut little triangle pieces of velcro''industrial of course'' on the corners and stuck em down,,there is a gap under them so they pull air ok i think...i have not seen anybody else's lid yet because i have not trooped yet so i cant really compare but they feel pretty good to me.....hope this helps..

over..........

yes. you might try and move your nose fan up to one side of the nose vents. that rocks. ive had the same setup in the past and it works awesomely.

i wish i could but my face is all up in that part of the helmet..its kinda cool though cause the fan is right in front of my mouth so it shoots air there and right up my nose,,,,,

over....